Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Last of the Jedi is out way, way early

According to the publishing info, Last of the Jedi -- the first of the new young adult series that focuses on Obi-Wan's wacky adventures following Revenge of the Sith -- should be released in May.

However, I saw quite a few copies at the Waldenbooks in Temecula, CA, on Saturday. (They also had the first issue of the ROTS comic adaptation out a few days early.)

Furthermore, both amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com have the book listed as "in-stock," while the other ROTS-related books have a "preorder" status.

In any case, the actual physical books appear to have been sent to stores, so I'm willing to bet money that they'll be released on Saturday with the rest of the ROTS books. (Hey, if Wal-Mart's sitting on a ton of books that they know can't be put on the shelves because they're SW books, do you think they're going to notice a later shelf date on one book out of about twenty-something?)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Last of the Jedi is out way, way early

Kind of forgot these were coming out Thanks for the reminder Chux.

Did you try buying any?Maybe they are out but have the 'no sale' type of deal going on as the action figures do?I'll have to keep my eyes open Saturday and see if I spot the books laying around.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I figured it'd be cheaper online (even taking the Preferred Reader discount into account), so I ordered it yesterday rather than pick up the one at Waldenbooks. So far it seems to be going fine, though the entire order won't ship until all the books coming out this weekend are released. (I'm a cheapskate. I'm not paying extra for books I won't read until May 19. So sue me. )
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I know what you mean,I've ordered books off Amazon and such if I figured it would even save me a few cents.Thought I was the only weirdo who did such things

Saw it on Amazon.Com used already,so either everyone is jumping the release date,or the OS messed up on their dates.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I do want to read this series.

Amazon's free shipping offer always gets me. You're always a couple of bucks short of the $25 limit and you keep shopping until you find something to push you over.

That's why you wait and consolidate your amazon.com orders.

If you're like me, though, with all the ROTS stuff, you'll have no trouble whatsoever qualifying for that free shipping.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I don't have that problem with toys or DVDs, most of the time.

Lately, some of my DVD purchases have been from the 'used/previously viewed' category, and the free shipping doesn't apply to that. Save money on the DVD but not shipping.

Got the book and finished reading it. I thought it was quite good,back up to par with Jedi Apprentice (Not a fan of Jedi Quest). It will be interesting to see where this series goes,without getting too deep into ROTS and the book spoilers,I want to see what happens in the "underground".

It's on my must-read list.

I stopped at the Scholastic booth at C3 and told the rep that I enjoyed the books, moreso than some of the adults. Apparently, she heard a lot of that from the fans.

I'll have to agree to that.The adult books have gone downhill in content lately,ever since NJO in my opinion.

Just curious,did the rep say how many books will be in the series?