Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    JP3 was not realistic because the T-rex, though smaller than the spino, is much more strongly built, and would have won the fight. BUT, JP /// had the most realistic raptors, as they finally behaved at the appropriate intelligence level AND, JP /// was the one movie where the raptors used the killer foot claws to kill anyone. In the other 2 movies, they just jumped on people and chewed on their heads.

the first one was great. The Lost World was good but I could have done without it.

The third one sucked and should never have been. I think it was made by satan to touture us all.

I loved both Jurassic Park films!

Wait, there's a number 3? Hmm, I seem to recall something about that. Memory's coming back to me. . . .

NOOOOOO! You've brought back memories I'd successfully blocked! The horror of realizing I paid to see JP/// in theaters is coming back to me now!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Rollo said;
    Jurrasic Park was fabulous. I still get giddy when they see the brachiosaurus for the first time and William's score swells up. I love that scene
    Couldn't agree more - When they get it right, they really get it right. Plus JP was thinking outside the box and was a new type of film. I know when people in the know talk about the advent of the successful and convincing use of CGI they refer commonly to TII as the vehicle that started it rolling, but as far as I'm concerned JP was superlative. using skin textures is a lot more difficult than depicting a mercurial killer robot. Loved the kitchen scene - it's so tense and the last scene with the T-rex ripping into the raptors. I wish the Diloph' had been CGI though.

JP2 is just a weird and dumb-dumb film that really stole the series of its oomph. I get bored and hit FF when Malcolm is chatting with his daughter and as far as her gymnastic save-the-day act goes...cheese-o-rama. Fave part is the bit with the raprots vectoring in on the team running through the tall grass and Ian Malcolm yawning on the train.

JP3. Fun escapism encore. Okay it's not a brilliant film but it's good fun. Shame about Tia Leone (and she wa so good in Deep Impact) and the completely unrealistic disregard she had for Sam Neill's instruction. IMO, no matter how much she loved her missing son, she would not be running around shouting after the plane run-in with the Spinosaur. My sentiments on the Spino' are the same as those expressed above. Loved the raptors which are my fave dinos in all the JP films and you actually get to see them run in the open in this film which I enjoyed. Ooooh. I almost forgot....Billy

jeddah

I like these movies too, and of the two sequels i like best JP III. I wonder if that will be the last of the JP saga...??
    As always...........L

It actually isn't. They plan on a total of six movies and a pressing Crichton to write a new book.

i love them all. jp /// was the best IMO. the spino was a mean dino! he mad t-rex look like a wimp (witch the t-rex actually is.) well, if i remeber right from that tv show, t-rex was a scavenger. so spino should and did win that fight for a reason.....see! speilberg looked into it!
    h.
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Originally posted by hango fett
    i love them all. jp /// was the best IMO. the spino was a mean dino! he mad t-rex look like a wimp (witch the t-rex actually is.) well, if i remeber right from that tv show, t-rex was a scavenger. so spino should and did win that fight for a reason.....see! speilberg looked into it!
    h.
    Jurassic Park III was certainly better then the last half of JPII. And yes, T-Rex was a scavenger according to dinosaur experts. So I don't see a problem with the Spino beating the T-Rex. The Spino was a lot sturdier built dinosaur, after all. Hango, Speilburg didn't direct the 3rd one. He only executive produced it, so give credit where credit is due. As for future JP sequels, they are working on pre-production for IV. It's scheduled for a 2005 release. You can read more here.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808404704

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Mr. Binks, your dinosaur facts are flawed. The T-rex was a scavenger, certainly, but the spino sure as hell wasn't an active hunter. The spino, in all likelihood, was also a scavenger, and at best it fished, didn't hunt. The spino is larger than the T-rex, but weighs almost half as much and isn't nearly as strongly built. And the spino's jaws are more delicate...if he bit the T-rex like he did in the movie, it probably would have broken his jaw!

More JP films? Dear God in Heaven no!!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.