Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by DeadEye
    Mr. Binks, your dinosaur facts are flawed. The T-rex was a scavenger, certainly, but the spino sure as hell wasn't an active hunter. The spino, in all likelihood, was also a scavenger, and at best it fished, didn't hunt. The spino is larger than the T-rex, but weighs almost half as much and isn't nearly as strongly built. And the spino's jaws are more delicate...if he bit the T-rex like he did in the movie, it probably would have broken his jaw!
    DeadEye, I think I will take the informed opinion and information of an actual Dinosaur expert over yours. You know, the experts that worked on all three of the films. The people that actually have degrees in the field.

And for your information, a alligator or crocodile also weighs alot less then you, but can bite a nice sized hole in you, or remove a limb, if given the chance. The length of the jaws, actually allow it to exert more pressure per square inch, then you obviously think.

MTFBWY nad HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

i see you might have watched the crocidile huinter once or twice, jarjar! i watch him all the time and you speek the truth. something like 10000 punds of jaw presure per cudeic inch....alot of power...
    h.
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

JJB, i remeber watching the documentary and it said that speilburg didn't direct it...i'm correcting that statment now......

2005, eh? that is when i graduate!!!! and thats when the final instalment of the star wars prequle is out!
    of course we all know that!!
    h.
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Yeah, and a T-rex's jaws are even more than that.

Jar Jar, just because they're dinosaur experts contributing to the films sure as hell doesn't mean they're right. They said in the movies that the T-rex's visual acuity is based on movement, and if you stood still he wouldn't get you...that's BS because he could scent something ten miles away. And they said in the movies that the velociraptors were six feet tall, as fast as cheetahs and as smart as chimpanzees. Velociraptors were actually six feet long and about 2 feet tall. They might have had dog-level intelligence but probably couldn't move faster than ostriches.

Jar Jar, are you calling me stupid? I don't know why the hell you'd choose a so-called "dinosaur expert" over me when they don't even depict the dinosaurs accurately in the movies...besides, I'm just as informed as they are on the subject, having read basically every dinosaur book there is.

All I thought about the T-Rex vs. Spino was an over-use of CGI for a sequence that wasn't needed for the story. Just like when they just stand there looking at the Spino before running to that one compound. I'm pretty sure the Spinosaurus would've been running for fresh meat than just standing there with a phone-eating grin.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I know, right? Well, you know how ILM just loves to show off their 'toons...

Jar Jar, are you calling me stupid? I don't know why the hell you'd choose a so-called "dinosaur expert" over me when they don't even depict the dinosaurs accurately in the movies...besides, I'm just as informed as they are on the subject, having read basically every dinosaur book there is.
    Before another argument erupts, please consider these points. Aren't the books you're reading written by the same type of experts than those who worked on the film? Since no one has actually studied these animals live and up close, how is one viewpoint more valid than another?

Anyway, I really enjoyed JP, but it should have stopped there. The Lost World was one the worst films of the 90's, lacked any common sense. JP3 was better than The Lost World, but it was nowhere near the first film. Sam Neil did provide some credibility though.

I like all the JP films, but the 2nd one was the worst. I hope they do make another few films, and I hope something is done with that can of cream with dino stuff in it that Dennis Nedry had. The way it was show getting burried by mud in the first film makes it look like it will have something to do with the future!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Originally posted by Pendo
    I like all the JP films, but the 2nd one was the worst. I hope they do make another few films, and I hope something is done with that can of cream with dino stuff in it that Dennis Nedry had. The way it was show getting burried by mud in the first film makes it look like it will have something to do with the future!
    PENDO!
    Problem with that is, that Dyson said that the coolant inside of the cannister would only last either 24 or 48 hours. So I don't think they can do anything with the embryos that got buried in the mud storyline, unless they have a flashback of someone finding it before the coolant was exhausted.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

It actually isn't. They plan on a total of six movies and a pressing Crichton to write a new book.
    Who are THEY?

And what's next, oh let's get some brave marines fighting against those evil commie dinosaurs.
    Last edited by billfremore; 07-31-2002 at 02:27 PM.
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!