Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    It's crap. I'd rather get a hydrochloric enema than be forced to sit through that drivel again. If not for the (now lost) Spidey trailer, I'd have felt completely ripped off.

Spinosaurus capable of killing a T-Rex. . . . biggest falsehood ever (that didn't come out of Bill Clinton's mouth)!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The Spinosaurus vs. T-Rex scene was probably the worst scene in the movie.
    If I remember correctly the T-Rex bit the Spinosaurus' neck which should have killed it. But nnooo.

They land,Guy dies,they crash another guy dies,they all run around third guys dies,run around some more they get off the island.thats perrty much the whole moive.
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

JP IV

What about if carpenter signed on for part 4, and kurt russel has to go to the island to save a president from the dinos? Or no, wait- what if JP IV was made as a flintstones prequel, with all sorts of time travel( gazoo could be the outer space tie in) and then.. nahh on second thought, the last 3 films in the series stunk so roundly, it's better to just forget about it. I can't believe anyone could make a movie about DINOSAURS with such great special effects seem so hollow and pointless. I understand how you could make that mistake with an epic space opera,but(urrrk-- can't breathe...aaaack)

thats the thing that got me. I mean c'mon the T-rex is basically the hero(or anti-hero) of the first two movies and they just throw it away like that so cheaply when it fights the spinosaur . couldve at least put up a better fight. In reality the T-rex wouldev nailed him or at least ripped him good.
    In the darkest hole, you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral till the body dies

Come the morning light, it's a see through show what you may have heard and what you think you know....

Originally posted by Man In The Box
    thats the thing that got me. I mean c'mon the T-rex is basically the hero(or anti-hero) of the first two movies and they just throw it away like that so cheaply when it fights the spinosaur . couldve at least put up a better fight.
    Exactly! The T-Rex comes in at the end to kill the villain (raptor or human), but in this one, the Spinosaur lives.

I believe Jack Horner was a paleontological advisor on this film, and, if so, probably pushed that scene to try to convince everyone outside the scientific world that his (rather cockamamie) theory that T-Rex was a scavenger.

I found it somewhat ironic that the Spinosaur kills the T-Rex in the way a T-Rex would've probably killed its prey. . . and a method that would have broken every one of the Spinosaur's little teeth and most likely have caused itself serious neck injuries.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm not sure if I want to see this movie or not now. I guess I will rent it first then make up my mind if I like it enough to own it on dvd. Thanks for all your imput on the movie.You guys or gals might just have save me the price of a dvd.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

I believe Jack Horner was a paleontological advisor on this film, and, if so, probably pushed that scene to try to convince everyone outside the scientific world that his (rather cockamamie) theory that T-Rex was a scavenger
    Yea I heard all about that. I seriously doubt somthing built like a t-rex was intentionally built to be a scavenger. Truth is predators scavenged if they could anyway. It's easier. Lions do it all the time. So I'm pretty sure T-rex(as well as everyone who was lucky enough) wouldent pass up an easy carcass, none the less T-rex would kill for food as per design, just as sure if ylou dropped a Great White in a pool of seals.
    In the darkest hole, you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral till the body dies

Come the morning light, it's a see through show what you may have heard and what you think you know....

And if he wasn't hungry he would've probably of killed the Spinsaurus anyway for trying to EAT him! Quite odd... when they encountered that T-Rex, Dr. Grant said don't move, you woulda thunk that Billy would've at least known to stay still and wouldn't of ran. There is fright, yes, but still. They way they made the T-Rex look was like an overgrown compy.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Well now that everyone has said their peace about the film, I guess I'll add in my two cents.

The film, is crap. I love dinosaurs, so that's why I even like this film. As has been said, it's a good comedy. Not to mention the couple is from OKLAHOMA! Hee hee hee...
    I own the DVD quite happily. I have no regrets for it's purchase.

I say bring forth the fourth movie. Why not? The dinos keep looking more and more spectacular, and that's really the whole drive behind these movies anyway. That's the true reason we cared to see the first movie. We thought "Hey dinosaurs!"

Horner's a goober near as I can tell. While his thoerys almost make sense, I just can't believe them.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!