Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Re: "Jurassic Park IV"- discussion

I don't really remember JP Deuce other then the fact that Vince Vaughn was in it.... JP Thrice I do remember much to my displeasure.

Re: "Jurassic Park IV"- discussion

From, http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21804

JURASSIC PARK 4- Spielberg commented on a scene in The Lost World novel that was not included in the movie involving characters on motorcycles outrunning raptors and regretted it not being in The Lost World movie. However, he also said that "that scene IS in Jurassic Park 4."

From, http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=9240

Apparently, His Most Honorable Beardedness Steven Spielberg recently attended a Q & A at USC Film School and talked a little about the upcoming JURASSIC PARK IV. A scoopilator sent "Development Hell" the following report on it:

He is working with writers on the script to Jurassic Park IV and says that there is going to be a big dinosaur sequence where a pack of motorcycles are forced to out run a bunch of Raptors. Spielberg said that just with the other films in the series, he‘s going to “cherry pick” certain scenes he loved from the books and include them in the new film.

I wanted a great wife-beating scene in the extreme, as that mother looking for her son was way annoying. She looks like she'd be hotter than Sharon Stone in a Basic Instinct type flick - but man was she ever the most annoying character on a dino-island movie!

So I was just watching all of these and I think the first one was possibly the best - for the adventure of it all, the most realistic storyline, and that kitchen scene with the raptors which was darn scary.

No. 2 was pretty good, but the girl doing the gymnastics routing and kicking the velociraptor was way over the top. The stuff with the T-Rexs was great.

No. 3 was emotionally frustrating because I wanted that woman dead. If all the men and even her son took turns beating the crap out of her and then feeding her to the raptors, it would have prompted me to write a letter in favor of the film to the Oscars.

Now you couldn't hear a cell phone ring in the body of a giant dinosaur!

The raptors were definitely interesting in this film, though no one can say for sure if they were taking their intelligence over the top. That they responded to Dr. Grant's thorax model was improbable. OK, I'm sure they wanted their eggs back - if they could smell the eggs. Do eggs smell (before they're cooked)? But that they wouldn't rip everyone to shreds after they got them back is something that Dr. Grant was taking a big gamble on. Furthermore, say they were intelligent: he couldn't speak their language. I suppose he might immitate what he'd heard them say. Then we're supposed to buy that they recognize humans as intelligent animals and spare them? Heck, we supposedly respect other humans in other cultures as intelligent animals, but we don't spare them! It was getting corny there - but admittedly fascinating at the same time.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I liked the fact that Ian Malcolm wasn't in the 3rd film, and Alan Grant in the 2nd film. It lends some realism to the franchise such that it is not always led by this recurring cast that always winds up stuck together like they're the crew on Gillagan's Island.

However, if there is a 4th movie, it could be plausible to reunite them all now (Grant, Malcolm, Sadler, Sarah from JP2, and Vince Vaughn's character from JP2).

It's a good franchise and I'd go see another film. I don't know where I'd like to see the plot go. I just relax and enjoy these stories very casually, and they're a lot of fun.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm in a very small minority but I actually liked JPIII. It's not as good as the other two but it's a great movie to just sit and watch and the addition of some new dinos make it watchable.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Well, I've read the possible plotlines others have linked to here, and I'm very concerned.

I loved Jurassic Park 1. No. 2 was pretty good. No. 3 was slightly believeable but that woman was my most hated character in all movie history!

Meanwhile, dinosaurs wouldn't fare too well in Switzerland or even New York - wouldn't it be too cold for them?

They ought to change the name from Jurassic Park to 'Eggs of Our Fathers' or something because the movies are veering away from being about anything to do with the John Hammond's park.

Dinos lay eggs. The embroyos in the shaving can will not break out and become eggs for infants to hatch from. No one but Nedry and Datsun knew about the shaving cream can. Perhaps the wreckage of his jeep and the discovery of his remains might lead someone with the time to use a metal detector to find the can, and though the embroyos in them should be dead - they could re-extract DNA from those samples and start the process over again I suppose. The best way to deal with that is to have the dinos on Isla Nubar (the first movie's one) already be dead from being lyzine deficient. But if "life found a way" there on Isla Sonora, then what the heck? It's another excuse for dinos to eat people. Vince Vaughn's return would lend some credability to the storyline.

But I don't think dinos (other than the flying ones) should get to the mainland. If they do any mainland dino attack scenes, they should be with newly cloned ones born on the mainland. A cool aspect of the story might be adding oceanic Jurassic era creatures that attack boats though. Jaws would meet his match and then some! They should avoid using a T-Rex looking dinosaur to not be too similar to Godzilla who recently fought nuclear submarines.

If they expand on the intelligent Raptors too much, then they really ought to change the name from Jurassic Park. It's stepping hugely into space-alien-type-sci-fi if the Raptors start wearing armor and using weapons. The only way to end that storyline is to have them take over the earth, and end the final movie with a bunch of raptors in their version of a movie theater, watching a movie about humans, called "Primate Island," a film by Sven Stoneteeth from Universal Pictures Holey-Wound. (I'm so funny).

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    One thing I always wondered was the boat that crashed at the end of TLW. The rex was caged but all the crew was dead, mutilated. Rumor has it there were raptors on board that escaped into the city!
    I thought that the dead guy who's hand was on the door jam button helped with some plot to get the T-Rex back into the hold (maybe the crew tried to lure it by threatening its infant?) and they died with their last effort to contain it. The guy with his hand on the control might've had a mortal wound he was just able to hang on from long enough to seal the T-Rex in.

If Raptors were aboard (perhaps covertly) that would be a cool idea though.

Jurassic Pork

Because it's become so popular suddenly, I've merged all four of the going Jurassic Park threads to keep things simple.
    plasticfetish.net

Very good. We must combine our efforts to make sure they do not go extinct!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    So I was just watching all of these and I think the first one was possibly the best...
    Ahh ya think!?!?!?! Read the book its a zillion times better then the movie!