Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
    The first book was really great. The second book was a ripoff.

Ian Malcolm does not survive the first book, but there he is in the second book without the slightest explanation. It's like the Lost World book is a sequel to the Jurassic Park movie not the Jurassic Park book.

I love The Lost World novel, it's way better than the film.

...and then all the stuff from the first book ended up in the 2nd & 3rd movies...like the aviary, etc.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    Ian Malcolm does not survive the first book, but there he is in the second book without the slightest explanation.
    That's not entirely true. I've actually commented on this before (on pages 11 and 12 of this thread), but just to reiterate:

On the first page of the prologue of The Lost World:

"... but his promising career had been disrupted by a severe injury during a trip to Costa Rica; Malcolm had, in fact, been reported dead in several newscasts. "I was sorry to cut short the celebrations in mathematics departments around the country," he later said, "but it turned out I was only slightly dead. The surgeons have done wonders, as they will be the first to tell you. So now I am back - in my next iteration, you might say."
    I'm not sure why I'm so adamant about this
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Quote Originally Posted by Lman316 View Post
    That's not entirely true. I've actually commented on this before (on pages 11 and 12 of this thread), but just to reiterate:

On the first page of the prologue of The Lost World:

I'm not sure why I'm so adamant about this
    You make a fair point. I'll then amend my original comment to say that Ian died in the first book and that the second book did a retcon about it.

JP4 not happening.n

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51101

Guess it's for the best. I'm in the minority that enjoyed JP3. It wasn't as good as the original, but it wasn't as horrific as JP: TLW.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

C'mon, Guyote. It was supposed to have superintelligent raptor commandos trained by the army. I'd rather save the $10 a person to spend on ShamWows. Because I would've spent twenty bucks on paper towels, anyway. That's what Vince said. Those things sell themselves!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

But the AllSpark created the crystal raptor skull and Indiana Jones has to graduate from Starfleet Academy so he can lead the mission to get the crystal skull before its brought back into contact with the AllSpark and transforms the velociraptors into Gungans!

I want KFC to kill all the dinosaurs and get sued for passing them off as chicken. That will be a great finale to end this series.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.