Question Anakin and Obi-Wan on Outbound Project: Wh-Wh-WHAT?

Just saw this at Ye Olde Official Site, though it's been around for a few days:

First Look: Outbound Flight
    March 22, 2005

Since 1991, fans of Star Wars literature have wondered about the mysterious Outbound Flight project. This Fall, Del Rey and author Timothy Zahn will reveal all.

First briefly mentioned in the watershed novel, Heir to the Empire, Outbound Flight was an ambitious project that sent an expeditionary mission of six Jedi Masters, 12 Jedi Knights and 50,000 men, women and children beyond the borders of known space to make contact with intelligent life. It was the brainchild of Jorus C'baoth, but even so influential a Jedi Master had to navigate the cumbersome Republic bureaucracy to get this monumental proposal approved.

With the foiling of a murderous plot, C'baoth gained the influence he needed to get Outbound Flight underway. In truth, this turn of fortune was carefully engineered by Darth Sidious, the shadowy Sith Lord who wants Outbound Flight to begin, and ultimately, to fail.

The mission is doomed from the start, for lurking within Unknown Space is the Chiss Ascendancy, and the brilliant alien mastermind who will someday become Grand Admiral Thrawn. Not even the presence of Obi-Wan Kenobi and his young Padawan learner, Anakin Skywalker, aboard the gargantuan vessel can avert disaster.

Star Wars: Outbound Flight by Timothy Zahn is slated for a hardcover release on October 25.
    I was really, really looking forward to this. I still definitely want to read it, especially with Zahn at the helm, but can there be something that happened during Anakin's lifetime that didn't involve him? Yeesh!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Question Re: Anakin and Obi-Wan on Outbound Project: Wh-Wh-WHAT?

(Chuxter, your Moe-esque surprise is always great. You could follow it up with one of my fav Simpsons quotes that's connected to Moe: "Yes, Moe, I'm going to find corpses." )

Wasn't the Outbound Flight scenario settled in the Survivor's Quest novel? I know they didn't give much detail about what happened before they crashed, but I agree, we don't need every thread in the SW tapestry to be colored with Skywalker Red and Obi-Wan Indigo (ooh, I am on a metaphorical rise lately! ). But, Zahn is one of the best SW writers, so he gets a nod from me for that reason (and the fact that I've seen him in person, and he "gets it" when it comes to SW and publishing).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Re: Anakin and Obi-Wan on Outbound Project: Wh-Wh-WHAT?

Damn.. Im going to be really really really busy reading this summer. I have to finish NJO by July so I can read Dark Nest when they come out. So I guess after that Ill read Zhan's Trilogy + Survivor's quest so Ill be ready...
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Re: Anakin and Obi-Wan on Outbound Project: Wh-Wh-WHAT?

I thought Outbound Flight was settled in Survivors Quest as well.Wonder the time frame,before the Clone Wars I would think.I'll read it,interesting to see how they will both play into Outbound Flight,guess it was up to the "Chosen One" to do everything
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!