Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Re: Hello From Master Replicas!

You would be very surprised how many of us are extensively collecting most if not all of MR's releases, especially the LE's. Insanely rich, no. Dedicated Star Wars collectors, yes.
    I consider myself to be a very dedicated Star Wars collector as well, but with the basic figure line, Gentle Giants and Kotobukiya I find myself a bit straped for cash. I do have a wife and daughter to provide for and I'm just a humble enlisted man.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    I consider myself to be a very dedicated Star Wars collector as well, but with the basic figure line, Gentle Giants and Kotobukiya I find myself a bit straped for cash. I do have a wife and daughter to provide for and I'm just a humble enlisted man.
    Being prior enlisted and currently supporting a wife and two children I can relate. After nearly 30 years of being a dedicated Star Wars collector you gain the ability to build your collection one piece at a time and gradually work your way up.

Question Re: Hello From Master Replicas!

Hi Amy,
    It's great to see a representative from Master Replicas posting on this board! I have just started my Master Replicas lightsaber collection. I have the Best Buy exclusive mini .45 scale Darth Sidious, the Anakin Skywalker FX blue lightsaber, and the Darth Vader FX red lightsaber. I love them! But, I have one small problem. After owning the Anakin Skywalker Episode III FX lightsaber for only two days, I am noticing something wrong with the blade when it lights up. About the first 1/4 of the blade at the bottom "flickers" and then goes out, and then comes back on. I am concerned about this problem. I bought it at my local Best Buy where I work, and I think I can return it within 30 days of my purchase for an exchange. That is the way we work most returns. I would think this would work better for me than packing it up and mailing it to you guys at MR for a replacement. What do you think? I have treated it very carefully in the last two days, knowing they are meant to be collectibles, more than dueling toys. I am concerned about the light on the blue Anakin lightsaber flickering out, and then coming back on. Please give me your opinion here, but if this continues, I will return it to work at Best Buy and exchange it for another one.
    Thank you for any help or advice you can give me. Any fellow MR FX lightsaber collectors out there with advice for me would be appreciated! Thanks to everyone that can/will help me!
    Take Care,
    Mike Buckley
    "I am a Jedi, like my Father before me." - Luke Skywalker to Emperor Palpatine, in "Star Wars: Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi"

Best Buy isnt known for a good return policy, but if you can -return it or exchange it if they do that.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I called my supervisor at work earlier today at Best Buy. He said we had one more Anaking lightsaber coming in this week and I could exchange it. I will do that ASAP.
    "I am a Jedi, like my Father before me." - Luke Skywalker to Emperor Palpatine, in "Star Wars: Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi"

Smile Re: Hello From Master Replicas!

I exchanged the Anakin blue FX lightsaber this weekend. This new one is working perfectly.

Dear Amy

My name is A.C.I have the Anakin ep.2 fx saber. I had it out of the box a few times to show some friends and put it back in the box. I've had it for about a year now, and i want to look at it the other day and the chrome on it starting to bubble up . it looks bad now, is there ant thing I can do to fix this?

please help me with my chrome bubble problem

would i have to send my fx saber back or is there an alternative way to fix the chrome?
    Last edited by plasticfetish; 10-13-2005 at 01:11 AM.

DarthACAuld, I would chip off the places where it is bubbling and see what the base color is underneath. If its silver then you should be alright -just clean up the edges. If its not then get some chrome colored paint (or any silver color variation to match it) and gently brush over it. That should clean it up a lot!

Hi Amy,
    I am trying to find a full sized Obi Wan Kenobi ANH lightsaber (weathered). I have found a couple of sites that say they have them, but they don't list any of the new replicas. So I think they might be dead sites. Do you have any idea where I could find one, a list of retailers or somehthing? Is there any chance this might be re-released?
    Thanks.

Welcome to the boards straight73! We seem to be attracting more and more replica Collectors these days.

The weathereed Obi-Wan Lightsaber is not likely to ever be re-issued. None of their replicas to date have been. Most current online retailers are sold out of that lightsaber -but I'd check Ebay off and on and see what they're going for.