Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Lightbulb New Master Replicas scaled helmets

The new Master Replicas scaled helmets: MR C-3PO and MR Vader - electronic made after the Riddell helmets
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Noticed these the other day and was surprised not to hear of them sooner. I guess being an exclusive they were hush hush.
    Since Comic-Con, I've searched the Radio Shack site periodically for the metal laser pointer sabers they had on display.
    These are available now as well...
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search - Vader and Maul.
    Noticed the C-3PO helm also has sound. No mention of light up eyes like Riddell though, just sound.

I'm collecting the Mini Helmets as well. Cant wait for the Clone Troopers at the end of the year.

I'm a little miffed though because I JUST bought the Riddell Threepio and Vader thinking that MR wasnt doing them.
    Last edited by Jayspawn; 10-02-2007 at 11:21 AM.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

The Rebelscum member Wclehmann wrote a short review of these new helmets - it seems they are somehow lower quality than Riddells:

1. They do not remove from the stands. They are stationary.
    2. Vader is not the reveal. It is a single piece that, again, does not remove from the stand.
    3. C-3PO's eyes do light up and says the phrases when motion activated.
    4. The weight seems to be much lighter than the Riddells. Don't know if it is the materials (seem to be made of plastic for sure).
    5. All of the electronics are in the base, and the speaker is in the top of the base in the rear.
    6. The phrases are the usual ones: "I find your lack of faith disturbing" + others for Vader. And C-3PO gives his probability blurb + others. Good, iconic phrases were chosen. But the sounds seem to be a bit echo-y. A bit hollow. Especially the C-3PO.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Well that sucks. I might get them so the stands will match the other MR stands. Not decided yet.

I'm surprised to hear the helmets are cheaper, stripped-down versions AND not removable. I wonder what the deal is with this. Of course, thinking about it, it's not like that Vader was cheap original, it was $90 from Riddell, and 3PO was $60 I think. Still, I wonder what the thinking was on these.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Its dissapointing that the MR Vader and 3PO helmets are not removable. Wedge is and I believe Luke, Boba and Stormie are.

Someone said these could be Corgi idea...
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Doesnt matter now, everything is a Corgi idea.

Unhappy

...unfortunately it is...
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback