Toys R Us.com ...or Amazon ... or is it Brian's Toys?

So I went trippin' through the TRU.com site looking for any info I can get on this holographic Yoda thing, but instead found myself agape at some of the prices being asked for some really basic stuff.

For instance, I got to wondering just how TRU and/or Amazon got ahold of some 12" Biker Scouts when these things never seemed to hit retail. Not to mention a ton of other items that have been dead and gone for years. Then those evil words loomed out from the page at me: Other products by Brian's Toys, Inc. What!? So now TRU.com isn't even really TRU? Maybe I missed the memo. Entirely possible. But why would TRU and Amazon sully their good names by defrauding customers this way with a bona fide scalping outfit running the show? They just don't make "retail" the way they used to.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=toys&n=977398

Re: Toys R Us.com ...or Amazon ... or is it Brian's Toys?

Brians Toys has been on there for over a year now. Still selling the same old stuff....
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Believe it or not I was just on the TRU site and noticed the same BS. Why a major retailer would team up with that Brianstoys scum is beyond me.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I believe Amazon has an affiliate program for other retailers. I've seen exclusive figures (non-Star Wars) from Action Figure Express.com (AFX) on Amazon as well as Brian's Toys.

I think one of the reasons TRU merged their online business with Amazon was to take advantge of Amazon's mail-order infrastructure. TRU basically couldn't cut it by themselves. They got in trouble a few years ago for failing promises of pre-christmas delivery on orders. I think they sent out $100 gift certificates to affected customers but also later faced fines levied by the government.

I think Brian's Toys buys up all the cool ROTS TOYS that Amazon had available (Clones, Royal Guards, Pilots...)...hence the "unavailable" message on everything...and will sell them to us next year for $20 each as COLLECTIBLES. Rebel scum!
    [font=Arial][font=Arial]"What an incredible smell you've discovered!"[/font]
    "I don't care what you smell - just get in there!"[/font]
    [font=Arial]"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside."[/font]

Hopefully Brian's crew gets stuck with a ton of crap due to their outlandish prices. I could see Brian's stuff being sold on the Amazon Market section or auction, but to have it listed with the figs...that's just deadly.

Ugh, I knew there was a reason I stayed away from the artist formerly known as TRU.com.