Online Scalping Outlets and Army Builders

As I browse through the various online scalpers, some of which are listed to the side over here, I can't help notice how they are asking 2 to 3 times the normal price for the army builder figures. For example, www.cmdstore.com wants a whopping $14.95 for just one ROTS Clone Trooper. Grevious's bodyguard is $10.95.

Opportunistic human beings are evil and should be destroyed.

Re: Online Scalping Outlets and Army Builders

CMD doesn't have the most, um, reasonable prices on stuff... but lately it seems like all the online stores are charging scalper prices for stuff you can find at retail. Add shipping to the already ripoff prices, and you get- well, an even bigger ripoff.

There is plenty of this stuff at retail. There is no need to order on line. I picked up 20 clone troopers tonight at Walmart. Even at 1 per case there had to be over a hundred of them out there. The only things that were less of was Collection 2 waves 3 and 4. Poor Padme is sitting there by the cart full.

in the scalping frame of mind...

I have a comic shop near me that scalps toys and things. They had / have a large inventory of fig's from POTF2, E1, Saga.... So they had a sale, and the week after Christmas was the last week, and they were offering about 75% off (of what they were charging). I noticed that they didn't move too many fig's, but all thier other stuff was selling. I wanted to get more BD's and offered $2 for each (he had over 20). The guy said no. At 75% off they would've been $3 - 4 each.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars