Whatever happened with Yahoo! auctions?!

During Episode I and Episode II, the site was pretty abundant with auctions. I used to do some buying/selling, and I know they've gone from free to cost-based listings, but as of today (04/02/05) there are only 51 total auctions in Star Wars!!! Has Ebay become THAT much the "Goliath" of internet auctions?!

Re: Whatever happened with Yahoo! auctions?!

Yes, Ebay is the first name that most people would draw to mind upon hearing the words "online auction." Personally, i wouldnt mind it if there was another auction site, though something tells me it would be Ebay lite, items would still fetch the same price regardless of what place they are sold at, there just wouldnt be the quantity of items that ebay provides.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

SSG has just added an auction feature, in case you hadn't noticed: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31218

I'm not surprised Yahoo Auctions didn't make it, they never really got the message out enough on them, they never made it a household name like ebay.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ebay did advertise on TV, I think Yahoo just relyed on word of mouth
    [font=Fixedsys][]V[][/font][font=Fixedsys]oul[]V[]an[/font]

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=18202513