Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where are the books

I ordered most of my books online, but noticed something disturbing at the Wal-Marts and Targets I've visited in the past 14 hours.

There are no ROTS books! This is especially weird at WM, considering that they have SW promotions over the entire store, and nary a book to be found.

Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Where are the books

I woke up at 6am to go to walmart to get a few figures and some books. NO BOOKS! Unfortunately also the figures I wanted were NOT THERE! Where's Mustafar Anakin and the different Clone troops? I searched on ebay and there isn't a single mustafar anakin. So after walmart I went to a Hasting's book/cd/coffee bar (kind of the country town Barnes and Noble) and asked where the books were. They first told me they were coming out Tuesday. They then checked the computer and found they were supposed to be put out today. Morons! So he went to the back and got me the graphic novel to the film. It was only $9 so that was cool. It was on sale but not on the shelf. He also had the sticker books, the character guide and the cross sections books. No novel though! Very disappointing all around!

That's odd, every Wal-Mart I went to (3 Super Centers and 2 basic stores) had either a table or cardboard display with all types of Star Wars books.

The selection typically included the ROTS novelization, audiobook, and graphic novel, the usual DK stuff (cross sections, concept art books, sticker albums), coloring books, and four or five volumes of Dark Horse's Star Wars Tales. There were also left-over books from Episode I & II and the OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    That's odd, every Wal-Mart I went to (3 Super Centers and 2 basic stores) had either a table or cardboard display with all types of Star Wars books.

The selection typically included the ROTS novelization, audiobook, and graphic novel, the usual DK stuff (cross sections, concept art books, sticker albums), coloring books, and four or five volumes of Dark Horse's Star Wars Tales. There were also left-over books from Episode I & II and the OT.
    That was my experience at my Wal-Mart last night (or would it be this morning?). I only grabbed the ROTS novelization with plans to buy the Visual Dictionary and Cross-Sections at a later date. What really bummed me out was that WM didn't have the "Art of" and "Making of" books despite being available for a great price on WM.com ($22 and $17 respectively). I ended up shelling out $35 and $22 for them at Borders and Barnes & Noble.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

i had the same experience chux did, several WM and target. no ROTS books.

My Walmart had a ton of ROTS books, but no Art of (the one I really wanted and picked up this afternoon at BN)
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Well, I went to Borders books yesterday and got the Visual Dictionary (last VD ever ), the Incredible Cross Sections, the Art of Book, the Making of ROTS book, the novel by Matthew Stover, and the Graphic Novel.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous
    Well, I went to Borders books yesterday and got the Visual Dictionary (last VD ever ),
    I was thinking they could actually do more if they wanted to.

I'd really like to have one that went into more detail about each OT film and a condensed one that covers the PT (similar to the OT one we have now).
    They could also do ones that covers Star Wars tv (Clone Wars, Droids, Ewoks, and Ewok movies), the comics, and the novels, and various other EU stuff (like video games, CCG, ect.).

I know I'd pick up the movie and tv based ones for sure - maybe the others just to have a complete set.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

All I could find were ROTS books for children. No novel (the employees took me to the display with the children's books when I asked about the novel), but Target was sure to have out the Junior Novel!

I was seriously considering picking up some books, but my Target dropped the ball and lost a sale.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

TRU had books, but I forgot to look at them, I was busy looking at toys.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.