Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wal-Mart overpriced the Ultimate Anakin

I paid 48.62 for it at midnight then 8 hours later I rebought it at Target for 39.99 and returned the WM figure for a refund.
    TRU had it at 44.99.
    I was surprised to see that WM had a higher price on this.

So did anybody else buy this ? What do you think ? Right now I have NO plans of even opening it. I like displaying loose 12inchers but since I won't actually be able to display both of these "characters" loose at the same time, I think I prefer the current state it is in.

Re: Wal-Mart overpriced the Ultimate Anakin

Yeah, I got hosed as well. Walmart actually lost out on sales because of this. I put back other items because this was far too expensive. I'm taking mine back today. Even with all the accessories I think this figure should have remained under $30. I paid $29 for Jango.

Mace
    YODA: "The FORCE is strong with you Master Windex.
    "Windows so clean, never have I seen!"
    Remember Herbie the Love Bug? Visit him online at www.HERBIEMANIA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Windex
    Yeah, I got hosed as well. Walmart actually lost out on sales because of this. I put back other items because this was far too expensive. I'm taking mine back today. Even with all the accessories I think this figure should have remained under $30. I paid $29 for Jango.

Mace
    I paid $50 at K-Mart for my Anakin. I don't regret the purchase though, because I'll be customizing it to try and make a true Ultimate Anakin. I don't regret paying a little extra because I don't have to get gas and go searching for it.

Randy

I put the Ultimate Villain set on layaway at my Wal-Mart this weekend. I also put in layaway the three new Unleashed figures, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and General Grevious. I agree that the Ultimate Villain set should have been around $30.00 like that nice deluxe Jango Fett was. I got him too. Being that I love the 12" Star Wars the best, I don't mind paying about $48.00. But, I wish I'd seen it at my Target for that $39.99 price! I got to Target about 8:30am to get the "Lava Reflection" Darth Vader, and they were out of the Ultimate Villain set.

After WM stopped carrying vehicles and everything else except for basic figures and role-play lightsabers back during the Saga line, once they started stocking 12" again they raised all the prices permanently. I haven't seen the ROTS prices on 12" there yet, but I'm not surprised they're charging more, they seem to have less of them so that probably costs them more to buy less... or they're greedy
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's what's odd though JT, because this very same WM had the 12" Grievous for $18.something

So they jacked me on the Anakin by about 9 bucks but offer the "basic" 12inch line for just over a buck less.

Buy 9 Clonetroopers and it's a wash.
    Last edited by 2-1B; 04-05-2005 at 01:39 AM. Reason: nothing to see here.

This is the one figure I've noticed the most price discrepancies on. I will eventually buy it but might wait for a sale or clearance.

Meijer advertised 12" ROTS figures for $16.88 for Saturday but only had Sidious and clone trooper left. I paid $20 for my Grevious at TRU. Wished I had the ad to price match.

Normal 12" ROTS figs are $18.88 at Walmart. Though, none of the ones I've been to actually have the tag for the Ultimate Villian Anakin.

Randy

Same price issues in OKC. The Ultimate Villian is hard to fins at any store now. Its been almost 10 days and it looks like most people here who want one will have to look oonline. (I did the Wal0mart/Target price match shuffle.)

I took my 12 inch Vader back to WM after buying another from Target for $9 less. WHen I told the clerk why I was returning it he informed me that the price was now lower at $37 and change. So, Walmart dropped their price over $10 on this figure! Too little and too late.

MAce
    YODA: "The FORCE is strong with you Master Windex.
    "Windows so clean, never have I seen!"
    Remember Herbie the Love Bug? Visit him online at www.HERBIEMANIA.com