Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: Massachusetts Thread

Well it seems we all live the same area what is good my job has me on the road so I get to a lot of places to check out. Good tip on the Deluxe 2 at Kohls man thats a secret that will get pretty quick and will be all over I remember I found 33-40 at kohls in medford. I went back to days later to see if anything new was there and it was all obi,ani,vader, and clone #6. I don't mind paying the extra dollar if i can getthe figs in one shot and it saves me gas money. I wonder if its true about 41-what ever coming out May 5 the targets in Revere and Everett seem pretty bare so I wonder if they a waiting till then to restock. Went to Wal-mart in Lynn and they are going to be behind for awhile. Same as TRU what is P***ing me off with them that they are just dumping fig in a bin. Me being an momc that is sooooooooo anoying. Well like i said if anyone finds anything new let me know

I heard that there is a Star Wars enthusiast who works at the Revere Target, which may explain why nothing over #32 is getting to the pegs...
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Man I hate to hear that (target revere) I near that target alot and I have talked to the girl in the toy dept in (target woburn) She knows what is going on but she is big about not bringing stuff out from the back. Like I said Hopefully we can get a jump on everything past 40

All these Targets stock overnight and if you are not there 1st thing in the morning you are out of luck. I will make a weekend run and see what i can find. Don't worry if you don't find everything right away because just like every other movie year there will be a big summertime clearance at Target and Walmart. I have only bought the clones and Jedi's so far. All the rest i will get for 1 or 2 dollars later. There is so much of this stuff comming it isn't funny. The movie hasn't hit and we are allready into the 40's.
    Last edited by Fwad; 04-28-2005 at 06:39 PM.

What I am concerned about is something my Kohl's acquaintance was discussing with me (we've actually spoken on the phone a few times since to try to hook each other up with stuff...I am currently looking for a 10" Hawkgirl figure for him).

Clone Commanders, Clone Pilots, AT-TE gunners...as long as they are hot properties, and as long as people are willing to pay good money for them on eBay, the Fat Man and his ilk will continue to buy them up. So it becomes a moebius strip of scalping in which the only way regular guys like me are going to find anything at 7:00 p.m.+ which is the only time I can shop is when they ship in such HUGE quantities that they are pegwarmers - but that will never happen as the Fat Man and company will keep buying them to scalp them.

I am very, very anxious for HasbroShop.Com to open up. I really think we need to make a concerted push in the community to do a lot of business with that site. If Hasbro has enough of a response, they will start holding more and more product to sell through the website, shipping less to the retailers, and they would keep producing (ostensibly) until demand dries up.

Just think of all the people out there who never buy all the figures they want because they refuse to pay scalper's prices but who would buy them if they could find them on the pegs...if Hasbroshop.com becomes that outlet, a lot of our problems could be solved.

I dunno...I don't think I have it in me to start making morning toy runs to these stores. I need my sleep when I can get it, and Lord knows if I would actually find anything once I was there.

Know what burns me up the most, too? Apparently the Fat Man comes from a rich family. Lives with his mother. No wonder he has time to scour the stores looking for Hot Wheels and Star Wars figures - he has nothing else to do. No job and no woman.
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Friday night I picked up a Titanium Series Droid Trifighter, AT-RT, and Jedi Starfighter from the Lynn Wal-Mart. They had a few Republic Gunships, Y-Wings, A-Wings and Snowspeeders on the pegs Saturday morning when I was there.

Saturday morning at the Saugus Target on Route 1 I found 1 Clone Pilot, 2 Clone Commanders, an Exploding Grievous and the Red Cloak Palpatine on the pegs. Nothing more in the back - a girl was willing to look for me. She also confirmed the presence of the Fat Man there that morning, so I can only hope he has all the Clone Commanders and Clone Pilots he wants for the time being so perhaps I can get my four other Clone Pilots (2 more for ARC-170 and 2 for Republic Gunship).

Also stopped by the Newbury Comics on Route 1 - they had a Clone Pilot and Clone Commander for $12.99 each, an Exploding Greivous for $10.99, and the rest of the figures were $9.99 each. I don't know when Newbury Comics started pricing their Star Wars figures according to rarity, but I was pretty ****ed-off about it.

Wal-Mart on Route 1 had practically nothing. I am writing them off my search list.

Kay-Bee in the Square One Mall had the same old stuff everyone else around here does.

I know that the Revere Target was getting some Gunships on the shelves on Saturday, so perhaps there are still some there now...

I hit Walmart - Danvers on Sat. The only place I hit as I as actually shoping for other stuff. Nothing new, yet they had the Vader collecting case with clonetrooper (aotc) and anakin (looks like #2 w/o the lightsaber)
    Up your nose with a rubber hose

F the Fat Man

I had some success today!

At Wal*Mart in Danvers, I found #33, 34, 35 and 36. The Palpatines were all with blue lightsabers. (They still had about 2-3 left of each.)

At Wal*Mart in Salem, I found Darth Vader on the Operating Table and Yoda on a Can-Cell (a big bug). They only had one of each, and I bought them.

Very pleased to see something new out there. I actually just started collecting any Sith figures just this past week, and so far I have been able to find everything up to #36 with the exception, of course, of the Red Guard. Did find a blue one, and no red. I did find both Palpatines (one with red sabre, one with blue.) Are these figures equally distributed, or is one a chase figure? The only other figure I seem to be having a hard time getting because I started a little late is the R4-G9 Sneak Preview figure, so if you have any leads on that, please let me know.

OK, just came back from Target in Danvers, and they have done some stocking:

They have #33-40! They also have at least 4-5 Darth Vader Chaning Table, Yoda on Can-Cell, Clone Trooper with Firing Jet Backpack and Vulture Droid Starfighter.

As for 33-40, they had a number of 33, 34, 35 and 36. They still had a couple of Mas Amedda and Vader's Medical Droid, but I only saw one of Polis Massan and AT-TE Tank Gunner.

Dude, if you need the R4-G9 Sneak Preview figure hit the Wal-Mart in Lynn a.s.a.p. - they had like 20 of them the last time I was there, on Saturday.