Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: Massachusetts Thread

Just found the R4-G9 at KB in Saugus. $7.99 sheesh. I went to the Lynn Wal*Mart a few days ago and didn't see the droid for some reason, but founf the other three Sneak Previews. Well, glad I finally got it.

I just got back from the Target in Danvers. Went out there right after I got home from work.

They had...surprise...a big fat NOTHING!!!

I will no longer be adding to this thread, or any other "just found" threads. I don't know if I was dealing with erroneous reporting here, or whether scalpers are reading these boards and using the information to screw us. I suspect the latter. But I'm not going to take the chance anymore, and I can't trust the info on here for the amount of time it takes between my getting it and being able to get to the stores.

All I know is I just wasted my evening going to Danvers and I am ****ed about it.
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Well, I reported it, and I would never report any false information. I went between 8 and 9 am and if you went after work, I guess there would be a very big chance of them no longer being there, but was everything gone? Even the duluxe figures? Because they had at least 5 of each of them. I feel bad about you driving for nothing. I had hoped that people here would get to the figures before those who buy everything for future sales.

I was psyched when I read about the new local (north shore) stores with new figs. I was going to go hit the stores, but fell asleep past the time the stores close. At first I was p*$$ed but having read Smack's post, I think I got off lucky.
    I don't think there are any false posts, but I do wonder about scalpers reading the posts. Otherwise, I would be able to find anything over #32. If anyone finds anything, they should post what, and then PM the location to those who ask or we have some familiarity with.
    Smack- I understand your dissappointment, but it would be a shame if collecters couldn't talk about the stuff we found in the MA. Please continue to post what you've found...that at least gives us hope that new fig's are in the area instead of totally wasting our time.
    Help us...your (one of) our only hope(s)....
    Up your nose with a rubber hose

F the Fat Man

I didn't honestly think that erroneous information was being posted - I was just listing the two theoretical possibilities so that I could eliminate one and go with the other.

I'm sorry, but I think scalpers are reading this thread, now more than ever after hearing how much stuff was purportedly in the Danvers Target.

Mass. scalpers - I hope you get into car accidents, need blood transfusions, and die because someone else used all the blood of your blood type already.

Or, I hope you get cancer of the face and your eyeballs rot in their sockets.

I'm buying from HasbroToyShop.Com from now on, as much as I can. I am done looking. Maybe once in a while on weekend mornings, and I hope I run into the Fat Man so I can tell him what a smelley p.o.s. he is, wait for him to put some Matchbox cars in his cart, and then remove them right in front of him and walk away while he tries to hobble after me to get them.

Seriously, I cannot wish enough evil on these scalpers who are screwing us out of our Star Wars stuff. I truly hope that the Hindus and the Wiccans are on to something and the energy one puts out into the world comes back to them.

Then again, this would explain why the Fat Man smells so badly...
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Well I can back up what was said earlier I was out on my normal monday Star Wars run and I went to Target in Danvers at about 11am they had all of the new deluxe figs (i picked up Vader on the table) looked threw the figs looking for anything above 40 or the Ani #2 variation. Which they did not have. But they did have every thing up to 40 minus #23 (guards) and #38 (tank gunner). Left with just vader. Went to Wal-Mart on 114 and the had no new deluxe but they had alot of new figs no #33 (commander) #23 and #38 But they did have 3 #35 Blue Palp. Left with Nothing. Came home and ordered 41-44 on the Hasbro toy website. An like I said before I am not against hiding figs for peopel if they will do they same . We can send PM so that way its not in the open for every one to read. But there may be scalpers reading so this away round that. I only collect Figs on card an I keep them that way hanging from my wall an all I want is one of each. So it leave more for me to hide. Just a though let me know.

Okay, I have had a little time to relax, now.

I still am not going to post where I saw stuff, anymore. I am convinced that scalper scum are reading these posts, and until such time as I learn to create a morally-guided computer virus that can transmogrify into a real virus and infect and mercilessly slaughter scalpers, I am not giving them any information.

However, perhaps we can use these boards in a better way - list what we are looking for and then we can PM each other if we find that particular item.

Of course, then we could get scalpers creating accounts to use the system...

Honestly, I think the only way these boards are going to be of any use is if we buy things for each other and then immediately pay for them so as not to take up others' capital any longer than neccessary, or say "Hey, I can put up X dollars for this and that, if you can pick it up for me I can pay you via PayPal that day" or something like that.

The trick, then, becomes trust.

It's a pain in the patookus any way you look at it. Personally, I am moving to strictly-online shopping as fast as I can. Yes, it costs more, and yes, I have to pay shipping, but at this point I just want the hunt over with. I don't enjoy it. I enjoy having the figures in my house...

I was at danvers walmart today around 5. They had absolutely nothing new (ie over 32). that sucked.

In some ways...in the long run...by buying from hasbrotoys.com, it will eliminate the Target, Walmart, Toys r Us from getting enough sales to order new waves. This will in time starve the smelly fat man.

Also, I am not sure what the point of hording all the figs is because I checked ebay and the new stuff isn't selling well. I can't see the fat man and his fat posse making enough to justify the spending on inventory they likely eat (like a jelly donut).

F the Fat Man.
    Up your nose with a rubber hose

F the Fat Man

Well, I know people do buy to resell, but perhaps people are just buying them for themselves. I mean, between the items I saw there were 5 of each figure at most. Certainly there could be 5 people who are fans and completists. I guess you just have to keep checking into stores. For instance, Target in Salem had one Palpatine (red sabre), one Grevous and two Clone Commanders. They didn't have those yesterday at all, and those were there about 10am.

But I agree with Master ToNone. People might be hording them, but they aren't going for astronomical prices. Sure, some people are paying for those in the upper 40's, but I think that says more about the buyer paying more for figures that are certainly going to be available in time. I mean, it's still two weeks before the movie even OPENS. I think the most difficult figure to find right now is the Royal Guard and even those you can find on eBay for $8-9 Buy It Now on eBay.

Our problem might be those older figures sitting on the shelves and not seeing the newer ones because of it. It is a timeless tale that we have to deal with. The only thing that gets me somewhat riled and feeling puzzled is Toys R Us continuing to dump figures in a bin. It's stupid, time consuming and poor management on the part of TRU. Your product will certainly sell more if you as the retailer respect it more. It's no wonder they are having trouble keeping their own business alive.

Target in Woburn has the new deluxe as of 5pm tonight. 2 yodas, 2 droid fighters 3 Darth Vaders and 4 clonetroopers. The new stuff is starting to really show up now except at TRU. Come on summertime clearance!
    Last edited by Fwad; 05-03-2005 at 07:06 PM.
    F the Fat Man!