Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Re: Massachusetts Thread

Picked up the Episode 3 video game today and it is good. They have a bunch of real movie scenes on there that haven't leaked to the net yet.Must unlock Darth Vader.
    F the Fat Man!

I've think I am waiting to get the video game because I don't want to spoil (although I've know basically the whole thing) the movie. I figure some of the visuals are the only thing Idon't know about. But I want it bad. I expect the 19th, I'll be playing the game all day after the movie.

And Scack and FWad, looks like you've found the figs you were looking for, so I haven't PM'd you, but it is good to have that option in case some store gets the mother load before the fat man and his fattie fiends hit it (may be wishful thinking but...)

Palp35 has been the figure I've wanted most since before midnight madness. I figured it was palps when he finally reveals himself to the jedi and uses his saber for the first time. This figure is VERY disappointing. Terrible articualtion in the arms, none in the legs, and the "action" gimmick is weak. Good head sculpt though. Particullary after the deluxe Palp has is and action gimmick with no articulation. THey need to make collection 2 figure in this style like they did with Dooku. With all the articulation, no gimmicks, and the ability for many poses.
    Up your nose with a rubber hose

F the Fat Man

Palp 35 is one of those figures that you regret getting after you open them. He looked awsome in the package. I am 2/3 through the Ep3 game and there is some footage between Mace and Palps and Anakin and Palps right after The Windu confrontation. Also has some of Grevious in action and the beginning and end of the Obi/Anakin/ Dooku fight. Really cool stuff.
    F the Fat Man!

As big a disappointment as Palps 35 was, Clone Commander 33 is mighty impressive.
    I thought it would be good , but he exceeds my expectations.

So far, Clone Commander, Dooku, and 3PO are the most impressive I have. And I am in utter shock that I listed 3PO, but it is the truth.

F the Fat Man

FINALLY found the Red Royal Guard. I actually found two of them at KB in Saugus. $6.99 a piece. A little higher than normal, but now grateful I have them.

I've actually got everything I want, now, except for some AT-TE gunners.

I had two blue guards from the Madness...I returned one. Wasn't impressed with it. The pistol doesn't fit in his hand once you take the band off, and is only good for sitting in a holster which is covered by the robes.

The red guards don't have the force pikes, so those are kind of useless - has anyone tried putting the Saga Royal Guard force pike in the hands of one of the RotS red guard's hands?

Or could I try it with my blue guard for the same effect?

I might be interested in getting a bunch of red guards and removing the cloaks to see what they looked like, maybe a new, custom villian or something, but I don't think I could do that to a figure...
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

PM me if you are in the Boston area and looking for:

Polis Massan
    Mas Ameeda
    Chopper Droid
    #35 Palpatine (doubt anyone still needs this one but you never know)
    #36 Greivous
    Clone Commander
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

anyone scene the "titanium series"? Any thoughts if you bought them?

F the Fat Man

NOt from ytour area, but will tell you about them. I like these vehicles. I htink they look nice. I havent opened them yet but they look real good. Check the Micro Machines Forum and read the posts in there, gives you some opinionated reviews on them opened.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I found an AT-RT, Jedi Starfighter, and Trifighter at the Lynn Wal-Mart a few weeks ago, and picked them up.

I left them on the cards b/c of their rarity, but I like them, all in all. The AT-RT is my favorite, because the clone driver is in white armor instead of that awful green armor the 3 3/4" figure is in.

God, I hate that they did that.

And get this - I got a Blue Guard today and his cape had a nice rip down the left shoulder. Not pleased, was I.