Hybrid View

new spiderman figures are out

The movie figures are out already and the movie isn't even due out until May. Why couldn't Hasbro think something up this clever??? it Might give them time to do some rework or resculpts before Ep2 hits.
    J.
    "Luke, I am your Father.......and your Brother" -Vader ESB veryvery special edition

just like lord of the rings, they released their stuff early. they look pretty good.

I believe the blame on that lies squarely with Lucasfilm. George doesn't want the toys, which contain many spoilers about the film, to get out too early and give folks a long time to think about what they may be seeing in a negative light.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I believe the blame on that lies squarely with Lucasfilm. George doesn't want the toys, which contain many spoilers about the film, to get out too early and give folks a long time to think about what they may be seeing in a negative light.
    I agree, I actually think releasing a figure line months (in the case of Spiderman, almost a half year) before the movie comes out is crazy. What Lucas/Hasbro is doing is a great idea. For example, they have been trying to keep what the Green Goblin in the Spider-man movie looks like a secret, good job they did when they stuck him out there for all to see and buy.

The 1 month prior to film release is great. Infact in regards to the E1 line, I was upset that the first figure release of Maul, as well as alot of merchandise played up the fact he had a double bladed lightsaber. After seeing the toy, and all the other duel bladed saber items, that scene in the movie where he first appears and ignites both ends goes from being an awesome suprise, to being.. "I was wondering when he was gonna do that."
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    The 1 month prior to film release is great. Infact in regards to the E1 line, I was upset that the first figure release of Maul, as well as alot of merchandise played up the fact he had a double bladed lightsaber. After seeing the toy, and all the other duel bladed saber items, that scene in the movie where he first appears and ignites both ends goes from being an awesome suprise, to being.. "I was wondering when he was gonna do that."
    That happened to me too, I saw and read what was on the packaging and I totally ruined the film for me(I knew mostly some things),I know they have that "10 years after" stuff on the new toys but does anyone know if there is going to be something else about the character on the card?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Well, we will know with the first figure/toy release that.

1. C-3PO got his metal plating finally.

2. That Count Dooku has a curved hilt Lightsaber with a red blade. (Sith Color)

Thats the big ones, but there are other things that are really spoilerish that I heard about the upcoming toys, but I don't wanna give them away. I will say, remember how cool removable body parts are.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

As if the 3 trailers that are out havent spoiled enough already. They shouldve atleast released 4 basic figures, 1 hero, 1 villain, and 2 background characters like Zam, and they wouldve sold like hotcakes in the holiday season, then again by looking at how crappy those figures look in the pics, if they had released them in December, a lot of stores would have to crank up the AC due to the insanely huge peg warming that would occur.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

Thumbs up

Good old George would not have anything being released until he sees fit, so it is all up to him. I guess we will have to wait until a month before the release for the midnight sale, (if there is one).
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

This thread has been moved from the Hasbro: Episode II section due to lack of content within the framework of the Episode II subject. Granted, the presence of the Spidey toys opened discussion on the upcoming Star Wars EII line, but essentially this is a thread dealing with Spider-Man toys from Toy Biz.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.