Thread: mace windu

mace windu

as a casual fan of the star wars movies and i guess I can blame my x-box and knights of the old republic..anyways Mace has been my favorite character and unfortunately besides the unleashed Mace all of the other figures have sucked..the return of the sith figure was no exception..shoulders are all busted up,arms are really long and really short legs..fortunately agen kolar was to the rescue..agen's robe covers up the busted shoulders and the robe's sleeves kinda hide his arms and shorten his arms a little as well..agen's uses didnt end since i got plenty agen figures..mace has really short unposeable legs..well sam jackson is pretty tall so off go agen's legs with some crazy glue and exacto knife and now we have a bulkier and taller Mace..all i got to say is thank god for Agen =p..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maceredone.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	10766  

Re: mace windu

Someone call Lucasfilm and tell them to stop calling Mace Windu, Mace Windu and refer to him as Jedi Master Sam Jackson. He is that BA that he don't need the Force or any of that stuff.
    No one understands him but his Wookie, MACE, (Yoda: Dig it you can) Who is the man who stands up to the new Empire, MACE (C3PO: You know that man is one... Han Solo: Shut up Goldenrod...Lando: Relax he's talking about MACE..Yoda: Dig it you can)

The only Mace figs I have really like were the Sneak Preview and the TPM Maces. EVERY single other one has the craziest expression. Be it belting out a Death Metal song (AOTC), being really really angry (AOTC Deluxe) or forcing out a massive turd (ROTS). Also, the Deluxe AOTC version only has two poses because of the arm articulation and the ROTS version takes the cake of bad Windus with his horrible-looking shoulders.

I am going to have to buy Agen to cover up those things, though...

Quote Originally Posted by MaquisWarrior
    Someone call Lucasfilm and tell them to stop calling Mace Windu, Mace Windu and refer to him as Jedi Master Sam Jackson. He is that BA that he don't need the Force or any of that stuff.
    No one understands him but his Wookie, MACE, (Yoda: Dig it you can) Who is the man who stands up to the new Empire, MACE (C3PO: You know that man is one... Han Solo: Shut up Goldenrod...Lando: Relax he's talking about MACE..Yoda: Dig it you can)

Looks like you're getting caught up on your drinking...

uhhhmm i think he was replacing "shaft" with "mace" it took me a couple of times tofigure it out but its funny when u imagine the music along with the words anyways this version is with the attack of the clones mace windu legs to give it more of an action pose
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aotcrotc.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	10784   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aotcrotc2.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	10785  

I have to admit, I'm surprised at how not-cruddy-looking that robe looks on Mace there. I still don't like the figure's coloring or expression or sculpt much, but if I were to get him, this would be the biggest saving grace for me.

beckmen, you forgot the 2nd AOTC Mace, he has an ok sculpt but a lollipop sticking out his back. ;) I think this one looks the most like Samuel L, but a tad too happy for a Jedi (mine is posed chopping off Jango's head, so it's REALLY inappropriate :D).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I looked that up. Wow, what a bad fig.

But still not as bad as ROTS Force Combat Mace. I bought him today and he's worse once you get him out of his package. There's no way to get his arms to look natural. Good thing I bought Egan as well, his robes are covering Mace's horrible arms and the bulk of the robes makes his head look not so goofy. The ball-jointed head looks bad as well, something I only noticed after I opened him. He kind of looks like Karl from Slingblade, the way his head is sticking forward.

When is Hasbro going to do right by Samuel L. Jackson and make a Mace figure that isn't silly, goofy or ugly?