Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Two versions of 12 inch Sidious!

Packaging versions that is. Yesterday, I noticed that every Sidious in TRU was packaged with his cloak HOOD DOWN. In every other store Sidious has been Hood up. Anyone have details about this?
    By the way, it makes him look even more hilarious! What is up with the face sculpt on this figure? He looks like he's giggling after a joke. Disappointing.

MAce
    YODA: "The FORCE is strong with you Master Windex.
    "Windows so clean, never have I seen!"
    Remember Herbie the Love Bug? Visit him online at www.HERBIEMANIA.com

Re: Two versions of 12 inch Sidious!

He's pretty horrible in my opinion. Nice rob and lightsaber, but everything else about his is bad, and I usually like the 12" figs.

Randy

I like this 12" Darth Sidious very much, excellent choice, beautiful details - well done Hasbro! So about his hood being up versus down in the box, does anyone know if in the movie Darth Sidious ever has his hood down? And if so, does he have hair like the 12" figure shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Windex
    Packaging versions that is. Yesterday, I noticed that every Sidious in TRU was packaged with his cloak HOOD DOWN. In every other store Sidious has been Hood up. Anyone have details about this?
    By the way, it makes him look even more hilarious! What is up with the face sculpt on this figure? He looks like he's giggling after a joke. Disappointing.

MAce
    I seen both of these version at TRU at MM the first one i picked up had the hood down I did not like the way it looked so I put it back and got the one with hood up looks better that way i think.

Overall, Sidious looks good but the face sculpt makes him look silly instead of menacing.

MAce
    YODA: "The FORCE is strong with you Master Windex.
    "Windows so clean, never have I seen!"
    Remember Herbie the Love Bug? Visit him online at www.HERBIEMANIA.com

I really like the hood up variation as well. With all the action he supposedly sees in the movie (no spoilers...just off the trailer) we will probably see another version of him in 12 inch form at sometime. Maybe a two-pack with a jedi master?

I bought both, but I prefer the hood up, that's the way I remember him. With the hood down, you do see hair, though be it painted on plastic hair, as opposed to Qui Gon's real looking hair from the EPI 12" figures
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

That hair is funny frett, he's got the crazy wrinkly face and then the slicked back hair to go with it.

The 12" Darth sidious is supposed to look sadistic hence his name: Sidious. I think he does. When I get done with the projects I'm doing now, I'm gonna give him a darker face wash -make him look a little more corrupted. But I'm also waiting ot see him in the movie first.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

No, he is named Sidious which is short for "insidious":

1)Working or spreading harmfully in a subtle or stealthy manner
    2)Intended to entrap; treacherous
    3)Beguiling but harmful; alluring