Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by El Chuxter
    I thought the "concept" figures and Snowbi-Wan might be a positive sign, but I don't know of any news since then, unless you count Zutton as a Holiday Special figure.
    I'm sure we will get some more EU figures, but I don't think it will be this year. This year is pretty much set being primary AOTC's stuff, as well as a few classic, and especially ANH 25th Anniversary stuff salted in. Infact I'm really suprised that of the classic stuff we have seen so far, only one of them Djas Puhr, is an ANH figure. Hopefully Hasbro has a few more ANH suprises instore for us.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

D'HarHan. if anyone know what im talking about, do you know where theres a pic?
    Beyond the Staples Center you can see America,
    With its tired, poor, avenging disgrace,
    Peaceful, loving youth against the brutality,
    Of plastic existence.

He's Fett's hired (or black-mailed) friend from The Madalorian Armor, Slave-Ship, and Hard Merchandise. I've never seen a picture though. Would be pretty interesting.... Gun on a body for a head, mostly Cyborg. Pretty cool concept with all his hoses, etc. Reminds me of a Transformer crossed with a Borg.

Meanwhile, while I want Cantina Aliens, I was a little miffed the other year as ANH took more precedent than ESB or ROTJ. It's been like that for a while now, and I think there should be a balance between the Classic movies in the figure line-ups.

This year I'd still like to see 9 more figures they could have room for in a Christmas assortment that hails from the older films:

from ANH: Hem Dazon and General Jan Dadonna.

From ESB - Recovery Room Leia, Smuggler Lando.

From ROTJ: J'Quille, random Gray Uniform Imperial Officer from the Battle of Endor.

and from TPM: Even Piel, Dauldry Dofine, and Dud Bolt.

This would make it a well-balanced year during a movie promotion, IMO.

I agree with you Tycho

those are good characters yet unproduced. It would be nice to see them released during x-mas or earlier, but with EP2 coming out, we will be seeing a wave of different Obi Wan's and Anakin figures. Will we see any classic and EU figures this 2002 year?

i hope so.

snay

i predict they make a total of 8 different Obi Wan figures this year.

Originally posted by SNAYSON
    I agree with you Tycho
    those are good characters yet unproduced. It would be nice to see them released during x-mas or earlier, but with EP2 coming out, we will be seeing a wave of different Obi Wan's and Anakin figures. Will we see any classic and EU figures this 2002 year?
    i hope so. snay i predict they make a total of 8 different Obi Wan figures this year.
    Yes, nice choices Tycho. Do those, and don't forget Hermi Odle. Bring them on Hasbro, please. Yes there are some classic figures coming this year, SNAYSON.

Luke Skywalker: Bespin Duel
    Darth Vader: Bespin Duel
    Djas Puhr (Cantina Alien)
    Ephant Mon
    Han Solo: Endor
    Chewbacca: Bespin Escape w/ C-3PO
    Endor Rebel Soldier (w/ varient heads)

There will probably be a few more, as there are 12 figures we arn't sure of what they will be this year. As for there being 8 different Obi-Wan's, so far it's only 3. Obi-Wan: Corsurant Chase and Obi-Wan: Pilot and Deluxe Obi-Wan. So, don't worry about there being 8 of them, though so far we are getting 4 Jango's.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

EU, I don't know about.

But Classic, Yes:

ANH: (Cantina) Bo Shek
    (Cantina) Djes Puhr
    (Astromech) R4-M9

ESB: Luke Skywalker as Rogue 1 (Hoth Driving School Drop-out)
    Dak Ralter as Dead Meat (Hoth Roadkill assortment)
    Darth Vader (Bespin - 'shouldering' need for Accederin))
    Luke Skywalker (Bespin version Medicare Applicant)
    Chewbacca w. C-3PO (Bespin -Droid Repair Vocational School)
    R3-T7 (though a Geonosis Figure, it is similar to Echo Base droids - so it sort of counts...)

TIE Pilot (re-pack maybe, but...eh - whatever. The Bomber is sweet!)

ROTJ: Teebo (Ewok)
    Paploo (Ewok - does an inaccurate sculpt count?)
    Han Solo (Shield Generator hero searches for his coat)
    Endor Trooper #1 (Rebel Soldier)
    Endor Trooper #2 (Rebel Soldier)
    Emperor's Royal Guard (technically Chancellor's Guard - but same thing, as they are Palpatine's elite guards)

Ephont Mon (Jabba's Palace)

So that's what? About 17 figures they could be counting. Overall, they are all exciting, though a few of the best ones are only seeing production because they are also E2 characters. But like I said, Hasbro could spice things up a little more by adding the figures I listed in my previous post above. That would go a long way to making us all happier with the Classic offerings I think.

Cute nicknames Tycho, looks like you have a little to much time on your hands. But then again, so do I. I think that the Han Solo: Endor figure will come with a cloth duster, but it just wasn't ready for to be displayed at Toy Fair. Otherwise looks ok for Classic this year, better then in 1999 when we saw almost no classic stuff at all. Hopefully those rumored Cantina 2-packs end up a reality, and then next year they give us some Jabba's Palace 2-packs.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LOL - "I" have too much time on my hands? JarJar, you registered when I did and have posted over 300 more replies or threads than I have ; )

Sometimes, I try and think if I'm contributing to the discussion or not - or if I can let someone else post common knowledge. This time, I wanted to vent about some resculpts in my own subtle way, because I could take out about 5 of the Classic figures above that I don't really think we need right now, and replace them with up to 9 more Classic figures we'd rather have (because they've never been made before).

But all things considered, my previous post was really unnecessary, because anyone who looked at the Toy Fair pics could identify the figures I listed, and see connections between the Chancellor's Guardsmen and ROTJ, and other examples anyway. Like I said. I chose to vent a little, but not be too negative. But I also want to give other people the chance to participate, especially if they are shy, and they too suddenly remember that this year we're getting our first figure of Dak Ralter or another character they like that they came here to talk about. Anyway, I said more than my 2 cents worth in this thread and will try harder to keep quiet unless I can really contribute or add support or an alternative point of view to something I read here.

I might remind everyone here though that this thread was started to talk about who wants more Expanded Universe figures. I can tell by the response concerning Classics, that the good work Hasbro has done with the older movie line recently for POTJ has encouraged a lot of support for more - from me too! But that does not discount the fact that people who come here might want

Odan-Urr
    Darth Zannah
    Darsha Assant
    Ros Lai
    young Wilhuff Tarkin
    Siri as a Jedi Bounty Hunter
    Bria Tharen
    Garis Shrike
    Fynn Torve
    Shada D'kal
    Jem
    Gantorris
    Nil Spar
    Tahiri Veila
    Shaedo-Shai
    Valin Horn

and though some of these are a few of the most obscure characters from my favorite stories, I might stump a few of you on who they are, and where they came from. That should make an interesting addition to the discussion. Any takers on these figures?

Yeah,I would take these figures.Gantorris,Darsha Assant,Tahiri,
    Valin,and Odun-Urr I would all get,because they are great EU
    characters.It would be cool to have a Blood Carver with Jet pack
    like in Rogue Planet.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

I just went thru and read all the posts.

I agree w/ about 99% of the figure suggestions that have been made; the only concern I have would be for Tallon Karde being sculpted the way he looked in the comic adaptions of the novels. IMO, I thought he could have been better drawn. He looked stereotypically, like a pirate, w/ the beard and mustache the way it was drawn.

I read Tycho's post about the possible video game, and mention of the Jedi Master's (from "Tales").... Did anyone suggest they get made into fig's? 'Cause they would look great, along w/ the rest of the Jedi Council from TPM. It would be cool if all the TPM masters came w/ chairs just like Yoda did.

Another EU character to make would be Baron Fel(from RS comic), maybe Jag Fel, and all the rest of the Rogue's!
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars