Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ROTS Soundtrack

ROTS Soundtrack

For those of you with Hyperspace, after hearing the preview clip online, what do you guys think? Do you think that the music will sound like the other SW prequels or do you think it will be like Harry Potter and the POA was? I'm hoping it's on the same par as Harry Potter because that soundtrack was great. It was different than the other two moives albeit the original themes were still present, but generally it was all new music. AOTC was basically a re-hash of TPM. So, I'd really like to see a whole new score. Hopefully, we will get this with the new music. After hearing the clip online, it has a different feel than the other PT score so it's looking good. If you haven't heard it but can, check it out. If you can't, it is the clip of when General Greivous contacts Darth Sideious via hologram. It is a rush of strings mixed with trumpets and towards the end, a section from the chorus. Very exciting piece.
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

Re: ROTS Soundtrack

I was a bit disapointed with the clip, it sounded too much like Harry Potter and NOT Star Wars. I like how it doesn't sound like Episodes I or II, but I think it should try and sound closer to episode IV.

It was only a 60 second clip so I know you can't judge the soundtrack from just that, and I know it WILL be good. I'm really looking forward to listening to it.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Pendo
    I was a bit disapointed with the clip, it sounded too much like Harry Potter and NOT Star Wars. I like how it doesn't sound like Episodes I or II, but I think it should try and sound closer to episode IV.
    Perhaps that's just Grievous' theme. I know it's not Palpatine's theme, so it would make sense. If so, I like how Grievous has a theme that completely the opposite of what you'd expect: not barbaric at all. But still undeniable evil. Very cool; I just wish this was the clip everyone got and those of us who paid for Hyperspace got a longer or different clip.

Can't wait until May 2!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Perhaps that's just Grievous' theme. I know it's not Palpatine's theme, so it would make sense. If so, I like how Grievous has a theme that completely the opposite of what you'd expect: not barbaric at all. But still undeniable evil. Very cool; I just wish this was the clip everyone got and those of us who paid for Hyperspace got a longer or different clip.

Can't wait until May 2!!
    That's a possiblity that this is Greivous' theme, but I have a feeling it will be more mechanical and rhythmic, if that makes since. If anyone has read some of the post notes from when they were scoring the movie, Pablo made a comment that the music accompanying the battle between Obi-Wan and Greivous is very reminiscent to the piano thumping at the beginning of the Battle of Hoth, the music on the soundtrack but cut from the movie. So, that's what I expect the full theme of General Greivous to sound like, but this selection could very well be a part of the theme.
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

I don't know if any of you looked at the name of the track but it's called "Greivous Speaks to Lord Sidious".
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I liked the choir. It seems like there's a lot more of that in the prequels, which is fine. It gives the music a different character. I like it. I'm sure the whole of the soundtrack is not going to sound THAT much unlike something that belongs in the Star Wars saga.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Oh God I hated it. I think it was WAY too much like Harry Potter. I still have faith....
    I'm Galactic Emperoress no more (and a bunch of hypocrites won't even let me explain why) :-(

I have faith that George will take the right path
    (edit: he has :-))

There's more choir because Williams has been moving in that direction pretty constantly since the late 70s.

IIRC, Dracula (1978-9) had a few choral bits in it. SW:ESB had several more, and who can possibly forget the Emperor's Theme from SW:ROTJ. He's been adding more vocals over the years, but never to the point of excess like some composers (even the great Danny Elfman) have been known to do. I think it adds quite a bit of depth.

I hope this is Grievous' theme; it's too good to use in just one cue. And the description of the scene sounds like one where Williams would use the theme for one of the characters involved. He often creates separate themes for battles ("Battle of Hoth," "Into the Trap," "Duel of the Fates," etc).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Of particular interest: Wal-Mart appears to have an exclusive track.

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith Soundtrack (with Exclusive Download) (Includes DVD)

FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY!
    Get an exclusive bonus song! For more information, see the details on the enclosed insert in the CD.
    Check it out here.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Of particular interest: Wal-Mart appears to have an exclusive track.

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith Soundtrack (with Exclusive Download) (Includes DVD)

FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY!
    Get an exclusive bonus song! For more information, see the details on the enclosed insert in the CD.
    Check it out here.
    I hope the UK release of the Soundtrack also has the bonus track (like we did for the On The Conveyor Belt track).

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection