Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ROTS 12" Figures

Did anyone pick these up? I got the General Grievous, I thought it was the best one out of all of them.

I've checked around for these, I've mostly found the Clone Trooper in abundance.

Just checking with you all, let me know..
    "I have a visual" "Jedi?" "I think so." "How many? A thousand?" "No.." "Eighty?" "No sir.." "What? Fifty?" "Less.." "Forty? Come on! How many?!" "Two.." "What?!"

Re: ROTS 12" Figures

I picked up the 12 inch Darth Sidious. It was worth every penny. The robes have a peculiar feel to them. He can easily hold his saber. The face and head sculpt is done remarkably well, and I really like how you can pull the hood down and see the wrinked face with a full head of hair.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Clonetrooper1131
    Did anyone pick these up? I got the General Grievous, I thought it was the best one out of all of them.

I've checked around for these, I've mostly found the Clone Trooper in abundance.
    Just checking with you all, let me know..
    That's probably because the clone troopers were packed two per case, but only one Emperor, and one Gen. Grevious. At least that was the way it was at my store. The Wal-Mart I work at had got in only 2 cases of 12" figures, and two cases of the Ultimate Villian Vader. Not a lot when you consider the collector fan base in my area. The 12" figures are the only real blank spot on the shelf, sold out day 1.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I had high hopes for the 12" figs, so I bought them all. As it is, I'm customizing Anakin (repainting his face, giving him a better body, and using parts from the AOTC 12"'s outfit), keeping the Clone Trooper as is, and returning Grievous and Sidious. Sidious is just silling looking. Nice cloak (despite the hood problems) and lightsaber, but the his face isn't good (or at least the paint job isn't), he's wearing a bib, his pants are too short, he can only hold his lightsaber at an angle (and only with is right hand), the legs on mine are very loose. Grievous on the other hand looks great, but can't hold his sabers (mine's are held in place with those clear rubber bands), and his forearms fall off all the time (very, very annoying). The finishing blow to return this one as well is that mine can no longer stand (even just straight up). He'll stand for about 10 seconds than fall over which will cause at least one arm to fall off at the elbow joint. So they're both going back to the store. Very disappointing, as I wanted these figures badly and I genuinely like the 12" figs (at least the ones that get me to buy them).

Randy

I plan on getting the 12" Clone Trooper next $ day. Hes great looking. I've heard negative reviews on the 12" Grevious (being that he cant hold his lightsabers, his arms fall off and that he cant stand). Mixed reviews on Palpatine.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I went and picked up a second Palpatine today at TRU with the hood in the down position. The one I bought at Wal-Mart has the hood up. I don't care though, because they will stay packaged. The only 12" figures I open, are those I find on clearance.

I collect the line, and have the whole set so far. Grievous is definitely weak play-wise, but all I do is display them so that doesn't bother me that much. All I really need them to do is stand there and look cool, and these seem to that just fine after a little tweaking and posing.

I just picked up Shaak Ti and Barriss Offee today, and they look to be very nicely done too! I haven't opened them yet, but it looks like they come with some kind of stand. Hopefully Hasbro continues this trend so I don't have to buy those doll stands from Wal-Mart anymore.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shaak ti - barris offee.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	10800  

Sweet, where did you find them Reefer?

Picked 'em up at Target. They do look really nice in person!

Cool, Thanks. I was going to go, but I have to watch my spending, but at the same time, I don't want to miss out on these two. There have been certain 12" figures in the past that I saw only once at retail, then only at collectors shows asking high prices. *sigh*