I've heard some complaining but...

I've been collecting Star Wars figures since 1978 and with a few exceptions I feel that the ROTS figures are some of Hasbro's best ever. The details and articulation of the Jedi figures are outstanding. Luminara, Shaak Ti, Ki-Adi Mundi, Saesee Tiin, and Plo Koon in particular have some great detailing in the paint jobs (check out Luminara's boots) and I love the articulation (ball joints rule!). ROTS C-3PO is the finest sculpt of the protocol droid I've ever seen.
    My biggest complaint with the initial line of AOTC figures were the "action poses" that some of the figures were "frozen" in, like the preview Jango Fett and the first Padme figure. I prefer figures with neutral sculpts and multiple points of articulation. I realize some of the action features like slashing and quick draw action may annoy some folks but I think over all Hasbro has done an outstanding job.
    Last edited by Casual George; 04-06-2005 at 12:49 PM.
    Casual George

Re: I've heard some complaining but...

I am like you, I perfer nuetral poses. I dont like the action statues of the saga line. I think thye looked horrid. At least the new ones, while might be posed in an action stance can be moved from the pose in the package.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I've not opened very many of mine yet, but I have to agree with you. Overall, this is an excellent batch of figures. There are a couple of issues (AT-TE Gunner's head comes to mind, as does Deluxe Obi's weird metal pole thingy), but every other figure I've opened is beautiful. I can definitely live with the action features this time around, as I've yet to encounter one (again, aside from Deluxe Obi-Wan) that detracts from in any way. Sure, I'd like to have more leg articulation in some figures (like Grievous' Bodyguard), but it's a small sacrifice.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I didn't open many AOTC but I just can't get anikan hanger duel to stand at all. If I just walk by he does a face plant into the shelf.
    I quit collecting in 2002 because of school (student loans), I started back in 05. I'm down about 120 figures. I'm missing stuff from POTJ, SAGA, Gold Bar, OTC, Post-OTC
    Would someone shoot me please.
    Darth Pharmacist

My biggest surprise with the new action figures has been that the cost is still relatively low. Even at $4.99 a piece, the prices haven't increased since the $4.99 they were charging when the POTF lines came out years ago (by comparison, the price of gas has gone up by a much larger percentage). Plus, the detail on a lot of the figures is better and they almost all have much more articulation. In my opinion, that makes them a great buy.
    Solo (to Jordan and Bird): Check this out. Off the sail barge, around Jabba's head and into the Sarlaac. Nothing but Fett.

[url=http://highlorddave.blogspot.com]Read my blog[/url]

Sith happens.

The prices are great and let's hope we don't head the way of VOTC again. $10 per figure are horder prices. The articulation is the seller with the ability to pose or not left to the buyer. The mix of cloth and formed plastic clothing is good. The ARC Fighter for $30 is a great buy (though a pack-in Pilot & droid would've been sweet for another $10) and smaller vehicles for under $20 is very cool. Even if the pack-in are preposed, motionless army builders - they still look cool on the AT-RT and BARC Bike. So far so good - few complaints!
    [font=Arial][font=Arial]"What an incredible smell you've discovered!"[/font]
    "I don't care what you smell - just get in there!"[/font]
    [font=Arial]"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside."[/font]

Quote Originally Posted by samskull
    Even if the pack-in are preposed, motionless army builders - they still look cool on the AT-RT and BARC Bike.
    That just gives them an excuse to make an unmounted BARC trooper and AT-RT driver and sell an additional figure.
    Solo (to Jordan and Bird): Check this out. Off the sail barge, around Jabba's head and into the Sarlaac. Nothing but Fett.

[url=http://highlorddave.blogspot.com]Read my blog[/url]

Sith happens.

Quote Originally Posted by HighLordDave
    That just gives them an excuse to make an unmounted BARC trooper and AT-RT driver and sell an additional figure.
    And which one of the completists on this board wouldn't buy that?
    [font=Arial][font=Arial]"What an incredible smell you've discovered!"[/font]
    "I don't care what you smell - just get in there!"[/font]
    [font=Arial]"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside."[/font]

Quote Originally Posted by samskull
    And which one of the completists on this board wouldn't buy that?
    Sign me up! I know some are gonna groan, but I still want a better Scout Trooper from ROTJ, so to get a nice single carded AT-RT driver and a Barc trooper would be a nice start.

As far as this thread goes, this is the best line Hasbro/Kennner has made in SW, with the exception of the overpriced VOTC. Loved the VOTC, didn't love the $10 for a $5 figure.
    I'm not gonna lie, I told friends I was gonna cut down on army building, but that's shot to heck over the Clonetrooper. THAT is one of my favorite figures, ever, and I can NOT WAIT to get the rest of the clone in the ROTS line.
    Gimme a patented Ric Flair "WOO-HOOOOO"!

I Also Have Been Collecting Since 78 And I Really Like This Group Of Figures (1-32). I Bought Extra Jedi To Open.so Far All Good Except For Grevious He Cant Stand To Save His Life.i Really Like The Royal/senate Guard. I Was Very Happy To See The Body Armour Under The Robes.the Clone Trooper With Quick Draw Is A Good Sculpt And With A Feature.
    Not That I Care For It But I Like The Figure.bring On The Army Builders!
    YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH STORMTROOPERS