ROTS R2-D2 and base

Bought two of these guys, one for me, and one for a cousin so he could open it and play with it. It comes with a base... and the base looks like it has pegs for the holes on his feet... but for the life of me I can't figure out how this thing is suppoed to sit on this teeter-totter part. Any time you push then end R2 is on down... he pops off the peg (and of course the pegs are too far apart for him to go on both pegs).

Any one figure this out?

Re: ROTS R2-D2 and base

I know this probably doesn't help much but here you go

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...07r2d2gear.jpg

Maybe it's the figure. Sometimes there are figures that aren't good and there are others that are better.

Dang it, why did you make me think about this seesaw thing again and this goofy figure? I only complain because this was the only ROTS basic figure I found before 4/2, I got him 3 or 4 weeks ago and found him extremely lacking both in gimmick and in base.

Anyway, I just reexamined it now, first off that photo Jimmy is linking to shows R2 at the opposite end of the pegs, the pegs are on the black end. Second, there's no way R2 is supposed to be able to use those pegs on his feet since they're spaced about half an inch further apart than R2's legs, and the pegs are at the back of the tabs while R2's pegholes are in the middle of his feet. Third, why would R2 even need pegs? Fourth, the pegs are too short to be usable as a permanent figure stand and also slightly too narrow.

All that got me thinking, what does this Droid Attack R2 figure add up to? I have no idea what happens in the film, but here's my theory: R2 has an arm which he uses to attack others from the top of his head here, and a gimmick to do the same, the gimmick requires that you lean the figure forward. One side of the seesaw base, the one without the pegs, is angled downward while the other side, the one with the pegs, is not. I think the idea is that you have 2 enemy figures, Battle Droids or Super Battle Droids or Grievous' Bodyguards, standing on the short, small pegs facing R2 at the other end of the seesaw, and when you push forward on R2 to activate his slashing attack it also causes the seesaw to push the other end down which knocks the figures off the pegs and onto their backs... thus simulating R2-D2 making a slashing droid attack. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The pile of stuff that he comes with is mostly comprised of Super Battle Droid parts. Do you think that putting one of those there would work?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I think(and im really spoiler free) its like a launcher he puts the junk on to push hiim up.

I just love the fact that they made a DROID ATTACK R2-D2 to go with my SECRET DROID ATTACK R5-d4. Now the circle is complete.
    [font=Arial][font=Arial]"What an incredible smell you've discovered!"[/font]
    "I don't care what you smell - just get in there!"[/font]
    [font=Arial]"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside."[/font]

Attack of the Droids!

I think the pile of parts doesn't have a hole to fit on the pegs, and definitely isn't wide enough to sit on them both.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's still a mystery, isn't it?

Yup, I can't get mine to work still either. That pic doesn't match they toy I bought size wise.