Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: Smoked Darth Sidious lightsaber Best Buy EXCLUSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498

While that has happened to me before (I received my ROTS theatrical poster from SWShop a full day before my account even changed from "pending" to "shipped"), I would suggest calling Customer Service and verifying that the saber has shipped anyway and see if they could give you the tracking number.

The only reason I'm suggesting this is b/c the last time I ordered anything from Bestbuy.com, I was charged for it, and it never arrived. This was before they sent tracking numbers via e-mail (or if they did, I never received anything). I ended up not doing anything about it b/c the order was under $10 and I was at college at the end and didn't need one more stressor. Still, it steered me away from Best Buy Online until now.

I must say though that it's a great comfort to have tracking numbers. At least I can keep tabs on my orders, and I'll know if it gets lost in the mail.

On that note, UPS says my saber is "out for delivery", so I'll post my thoughts on it hopefully soon.
    Well I checked it again actually and it did say it shipped yesterday and I actually saw an option to track it, i didnt see it before, and it said that there was info for it yet and check back at another time. I will check either tonight or tomorrow. If it still says that I will definately call the CS. I can't wait for the review either!
    "I have you now."

Honestly, I don't know what to think of this saber. It is much smaller than the other mini-sabers, and the entire hilt is coated in chrome so it's all one uniform color. For some reason, I keep thinking of a bone when I look at the design. I don't know why.

Maybe I'm just disappointed I didn't luck out with a gold variant. It is a pretty cool looking piece, but I much prefer the regular editions with coloring that is movie-accurate.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

I just got home from work and checked my email again and saw that BB did email me stating the item has shipped and that USPS says its on its way and I should receive within 3-7 business days.

That's a tough review, sith. Now what is this gold limited edition one? I haven't heard of it. Is it given out completely at random or what? With my luck I probably won't get it but it's good to know about.
    "I have you now."

Quote Originally Posted by megaprime33
    That's a tough review, sith. Now what is this gold limited edition one? I haven't heard of it. Is it given out completely at random or what? With my luck I probably won't get it but it's good to know about.
    Gold Variant: Instead of being completely chrome plated, it's completely gold plated. I believe it's either 5 or 10% of the chrome sabers were plated gold instead.

As for my review, I just think the regular edition is going to end up looking better. Truth be told, I only bought this version for two reasons: 1) hoping it would hold me over until the regular mini-saber ships in June and 2) might be worth more than I paid for it if I decided to sell it to someplace like Brian's Toys sometime in the future.

Mind you, I don't intend to scalp it on eBay like some others might try to do. I just know that it may be a viable option down the road if I decide I don't want it anymore. My line of thinking is that it's unlikely I'll ever "lose" money on this purchase. Either I keep it and it's money well spent. Or I sell it off and at least recoup my $46 (2-day shipping and all).
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

The gold saber is limited to 5% from what I have read. There were 3,000 produced and 150 are the gold variant. I saw a couple of these on Ebay. One guy had one originally listed BIN for the excellent deal of only $229.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

For some reason it didn't sell?!?! He relisted it for $209.99 here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6525152014

May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    The gold saber is limited to 5% from what I have read. There were 3,000 produced and 150 are the gold variant. I saw a couple of these on Ebay. One guy had one originally listed BIN for the excellent deal of only $229.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

For some reason it didn't sell?!?! He relisted it for $209.99 here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6525152014

Silly scalpers. Is there a better picture out there for it?
    "I have you now."

Talking Re: Smoked Darth Sidious lightsaber Best Buy EXCLUSIVE

I got my mini Darth Sidious lightsaber hilt/handle this Monday at work at Best Buy. I got the last one our store, #380, Slidell, LA, had in stock. It ended up being the regular silver "smoky" version. I didn't care if I got the regular or the gold variant. Just as long as I got one! It is nice but very small. I plan on adding other mini Jedi and Sith lightsabers to my collection. I've had the chance to play with the Darth Vader FX lightsaber all week at work. I love it. I hope to get it and the blue Anakin FX lightsaber this weekend! It's gonna rock getting them for half price after my discount! Basically a two for one deal! Man, I love it!

Well thats a hell of a deal BigBuck71. Maybe you can answer a question for me, WHERE in the store do they stock the Master Replica items? The employees at my area stores have no idea what I'm talking about and give me different answers.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Hi Jayspawn. Check at your local Best Buy store in the "media" area or department. It is the area where all of the movies, music and videogames are sold. Usually it is in the center of the store in a big carpeted area. We set up a rolling display cart with all of our Star Wars stuff on it this week. We put the red and blue FX lightsabers on the bottom two shelves of that display. So, check with a "media" employee or the store manager, or the media supervisor if you can get in touch with them. Good luck! Let me know if you're able to get one. Take care.

Well my "key chain" came today , guess I lucked out and got the Gold version.

This is my first Master Replica. Wow much smaller than I thought. I knew it would be small, but still. If I had to compare it to something, it kind of reminds me of a laser pointer.

Not really a conversation piece, but I am still good with it.