Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: Smoked Darth Sidious lightsaber Best Buy EXCLUSIVE

Man I tell ya, BestBuy.com must have used the slowest means of shipping possible. I think mine is coming via Turtle.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Yep, it's been a week and I am still waiting.
    May the force be with you.

Smile Re: Smoked Darth Sidious lightsaber Best Buy EXCLUSIVE

Hey guys. I work at Best Buy, and I know when you complete an order on our website it assigns your order a specific order number. It starts with BBY and then followed by your specific order number. If you haven't got the lightsaber yet after a week, and our site listed it as "in stock" when you ordered it call them. You can call our customer service at 1-888-BEST-BUY. Give them your order number, and they should be able to help you and track your order. I hope this helps you out! I got my Darth Sidious mini lightsaber hilt. It's pretty cool, but very small. I still do like it though. My first .45 scaled Master Replicas lightsaber handle! Take care.
    "I am a Jedi, like my Father before me." - Luke Skywalker to Emperor Palpatine, in "Star Wars: Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi"

Everyone is complaining about it being too small....remember it is .45 scale. We have not seen how small Palpatines saber is in the movie. Maybe his is quite smaller than most jedi sabers. If you watch in the trailer...possible spoiler........it does seem to come from up his sleave. (Or am I imaging that?)

I think it looks cool no matter what size. It is kinda organic looking. Nwe to us becasue most jedi and sith sabers have looked so, well...mechanical.

I know Palpatine's Lightsaber is smaller than a standard Jedi, so I'm expecing it to be small.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Yeah, it looks like Sidious's saber isn't much larger than the palm of his hand. I figure this thing will only be about 2-2 1/2 inches long. Either way, I can't wait to see it up close.

From what I gather, and correct me if I'm wrong, but this particular scaled hilt is about 4-5 inches longer. Is that what the normal size is for most of the scaled ones or are the others bigger? If they are, then I might start collecting those instead of the 370 dollar ones.

I checked this morning and the tracking says that it has reached a post office in my area and should be delivered in 1-3 business days. This is only a week after I ordered it so I dont think it's all that bad. I have seen worse.
    "I have you now."

Yeah, you should get your Sidious 'saber soon. Mine can fit into the palm of my hand. I guess it's about 2 1/2" long. It looks very nice closeup. But it is smaller than the other Jedi and Sith .45 scaled lightsabers Master Replicas have done. I do have some of the books from ROTS, like the Visual Dictionary, Making Of Revenge Of The Sith, and the movie scrapbook. It does look like the lightsaber appears from Sidious's sleeve and can be easily hidden. So, it would be cool to see it in the movie, and hopefully MR will make a 1:1 actual sized scaled one soon.
    "I am a Jedi, like my Father before me." - Luke Skywalker to Emperor Palpatine, in "Star Wars: Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi"

MR has the full scale Sidious lightsaber listed on their site. I forget the release date, but the price is around $360.00.

My mini Sidious saber arrived today, it's actually about the size I thought it would be initially. From what everyone was saying I was begining to think it would be smaller.

Anyway, this is my first Master Replicas piece and for the price I am satisfied with the product. It is heavier than I thought it would be.
    Last edited by sith_killer_99; 04-16-2005 at 10:55 PM.

I agree that the mini Sidious is heavier than I expected too. I am happy with it. It was my first Master Replicas piece too. Now I have three MR lightsabers. The mini Sidious, and the FX Anakin blue, and the FX Vader red lightsabers. I'm looking into getting the Mace Winde purple FX lightsaber soon at a Border's or Books-A-Million bookstore. Thanks for the info on the full-sized Sidious one. That's just too expensive for me right now.