Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Obi-Wan weathered has gone through the roof

I still hate the fact that I didn't get this when it was cheap and on the test drive program through MR.

This is insane!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

and these too...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Re: Obi-Wan weathered has gone through the roof

Holy S___ Batman!

I have this one, 29/2500, and I think its a beauty! I didn't really understand why the AFB version sold quicker then the Weathered. I'd still like to be able to get the ROTS version too though.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Wow! Then I'm glad I got this one when I had the chance!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

This is one of the pieces I most wanted but couldn't afford (and still can't), to see this type of demand is so disheartening, it really makes me question why companies like this do SUCH limited runs. My only hope is that when I have $400 or so to spare, that's the time they'll pick to release another version of it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Im sure the price will drop once Star Wars cools back down. But i think it will be hot for a year or two more.
    Last edited by nash; 06-17-2005 at 06:55 AM.

The prices a pretty high on a lot of them. I mean do a search for the Windu saber on ebay. Price wise they're all like 600+. I hope they all start to come down in price, but the likely hood of these particular collectable items doing that is pretty remote.

It's actually funny how the lesser priced of the sabers is darth maul's LE. I've seen some go on ebay for only like 260. You would figure because of the size it would be worth more. I guess it's all based on popularity.
    "I have you now."

yeah i could have easily gotten a darth maul LE for $250 off ebay, and I think this is partly because it is big and also has no display case. Im hoping the secondary market will come down in price once the star wars hype sort of subsides.

Is Ebay the only place to be able to get the older full size sabers such as Obi-Wan weathered and AFB, or the mace windu or Obi-wan AOTC?

Have any of you gotten them off of another website? Most online stores are only stocking the ROTS full sizes nowdays.

Quote Originally Posted by nash
    Is Ebay the only place to be able to get the older full size sabers such as Obi-Wan weathered and AFB, or the mace windu or Obi-wan AOTC?

Have any of you gotten them off of another website? Most online stores are only stocking the ROTS full sizes nowdays.
    Some of the scalp sites may have them but you are still going to pay a premium. These are the ones selling the CIII Sandtrooper bust for over $150.

Most sites are going to have the current replicas. They had the older sabers when they were 'new'.

Ebay is a good place to find/get older replicas. But the older they are the higher price they're likely to be.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett