Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TRU, Hasbro, and Where are the figures I REALLY want?

I went to TRU today to see if they received some new stock of ROTS figures. I went right to customer service and asked to speak to the manager. After a few minutes, he showed up and I asked him if they had received any new figures. He said "Come on back with me and I'll check." So he led me to the back of the store and I waited a few minutes while he checked. When he came back he told me they did received 3 cases of figures last night, but they were all the same one's they received for the 4/2 sale.

I asked if it would be possible for me to take a look inside the cases to see if, by some slim chance, there were some individual figures inside that they didn't have on 4/2. He said sure, brought the cases out, and helped me look through them.
    Sure enough, in all three cases, nothing but the same crap we already have.
    So he says "Man this sucks, we're never gonna sell all these. The shelves are still full of these same figures and they expect us to sell even more? Dammit Hasbro!"
    We both kinda laughed and I said oh well, I tried. But he did take my name and number and said he would give me a call if he saw any newer figures come in. This guy was really cool and helpful and I just wanted to share my experience as I know some of you have had a hard time dealing with TRU employees lately. Just realize, that sometimes, people WILL go out of their way to help you if you just ask nicely.

So does anyone know why some stores are getting the later numbered figures (Clone Pilot, Commander, Vader's Med Droid, etc.) while other stores NEVER got them on 4/2, are still getting cases of the first wave or two, and have yet to receive the newest figures?

Re: TRU, Hasbro, and Where are the figures I REALLY want?

A friend of mine ran into a Hasbro rep while looking through a local TRU. They had a conversation and she indicated that most of the "newer" figures 33-40 would likely show up at Target and WM before TRU. I never found out the reason why. This is second (third?) hand information so it may not be entirely accurate. My buddy and I have seen some of these figures at our local Target and WMs though (and not TRU).

Interesting, Cerius.
    I'll have to make a few phone calls tonight.

Thanx.

From all the posts I've noticed for the later number figure findings, they were all found at WM and Target. For some reason TRU gets the backlog of figures....no clue as to why. I'd concentrate you're searching powers at those 2 stores.
    "I have you now."

I've experienced the same thing...TRU in Las Vegas has had nothing but #1-32 (minus Royal Guards and Clones - LOTS of Anakins/Obi-Wans/Yodas) since MM. But I've already picked up #33-40 at Wal-Mart, and have also seen #33-36 at Target. Haven't seen the Palpatine w/Red saber yet though.

Update: I also have some on Ebay - #37-#40. My starting price is less than what they retail for, and I have no reserve or ridiculous BIN price. You can find 'em here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5968049151
    Last edited by ronhudy; 04-07-2005 at 03:45 PM.

Thanks everyone. Now I know where to go and where not to go.

It's a shame Hasbro makes things so difficult. I'm sure it has to do with free-trade and competition between the different retailers, among other things.

In my area TRU had the newer ones minus 33-36 but I did get 33 over ebay. They had all the rest. I rember that when AOTC came out a guy said that some figures were being released on the west coast and moutain area before the east coast. While this may be true it is obvious what they are doing. They are trying to make people believe these figures are harder to get so they will buy more. We all know they have them but they are just releasing diffrent figs. in diffrent places. I heard these figures release date is in April so good luck.

I have a few of these on auction on this website's new auction section. #33 Clone Commander, #34 Clone Pilot, #36 General Grievous, #37 Vader's Medical Droid and #40 Mas Amedda.

I thought this was just in my area, but I guess not. I didn't do Midnight Madness, but I hit Target on Saturday morning. When we found some of the later waves (Count Dooku and friends) I heard a lot of people saying "They didn't have these figs at TRU last night" which made me glad I hadn't bothered to go. They still didn't have any of these figs later Saturday when I stopped by TRU- but they had about a million of the earlier figs.

Maybe this is another sign that as a company, TRU really doesn't know what they're doing? Then we have Target and WM, who, yeah, are a little clueless when it comes to collectables and how to sell them *cough* Lava Vader *cough*- but they want to make money, and they're not going to do that by only buying case after case of the early waves of figures.

TRU as a whole has been disappointing when it comes to new figs. If it weren't for some good exclusives I'd never go there. NOt only do they stick themselves with more stock than they can move, they never have anything on sale. Moany have seen my posts about my local TRU that has had, and continues to have, two pegs of POTJ snaggle tooths. They have been there for some time (POTJ!) and NEVER have been less than $5. Now they are $5.99 like the rest of theier SW figs.

Makes no sense. Serves them right...