Master Replicas Scaled Lightsabers

I am interested in collecting these, and was wondering if there is a master list (with possible production runs) of all the .45 Scaled Replicas. I began by picking up the Sidious from Best Buy, and after seeing them at Celebration III. . . this is a collection I need to complete. I noticed the Master Replicas site only lists a couple, I am assuming there are more than that. Is there any of you prop collectors out there that can give me some help here?

Also. . . what is the deal with the gold sabers? I picked up two of the Celebration III exclusive Obi-Wan sabers, and when I got home I noticed that one of them was all gold. Are these limited? If so. . . how limited? I actually like the standard sabers better. . . the smoked, and gold ones are nice. . . but I like the movie ones better.

Thanks everyone!
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Re: Master Replicas Scaled Lightsabers

Nice score! The gold sabers are limited to 5% of the total production run. The Celebration 3 saber had a run of 3,000 so there were only 150 gold saber variants.

I like the scaled sabers, but I have decided to steer away from the exclusives and variants, just too big of a headach for me. Besides, the secondary market prices on these things is pretty high. I'm not even sure if I will buy many of the Jedi sabers. I was soo impressed with the Vader, Dooku and Maul mini sabers that I bought them all at C3. I managed to find 'em for $30.00 each, except Maul, which was $35.00. Not bad considering retail on each was $35.00 originally. I am really looking forward to the regular Darth Maul .45 scaled saber, the battle damaged one is nice, but the full size saber will be really cool! I also really want the regular .45 scaled Sidious lightsaber!

As for a complete list, I really couldn't say for sure, there have been a lot of exclusives. Chrome, Smoked Chrome and Gold seem to be the way Master Replicas likes to go with their exclusive and chase sabers.

I am just starting to get into the Master Replicas stuff, but the Gentle Giants and Kotobukiya making up most of my high end collection I will have to be very selective about what I decide to buy from Master Replicas.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    I am really looking forward to the regular Darth Maul .45 scaled saber, the battle damaged one is nice, but the full size saber will be really cool!
    That is the one that will be coming with the Membership kit, right?!?! I saw that and it pretty much sealed the deal for me. I would rather just get the non-chase sabers. . . they are more realistic to the movie.

The hunt begins!!!!

Yeah, that's the one, I almost joined when I saw it at CIII as well. I am still considering it.

I'm with you on the regular sabers. Too many chase and exclusives for me to go after. Maybe after I win the lottery.

I really like their stuff though.

Here's my best effort at a "Master List"

Jedi Collection

Luke Skywalker ROTJ Lightsaber (Regular, Gold Chase, eBay Light Chromed Edition)
    Mace Windu AOTC Lightsaber (Regular, Gold Chase)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi AOTC Lightsaber (Regular, Gold Chase)
    Anakin Skywalker ROTS Lightsaber (Regular, Gold Chase, SDCC and Conventions Exclusive Black Smoked Chrome Edition "The Conventions Exclusive" will have a Gold Chase as well that will come with the specialized base)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS Lightsaber (Regular, Gold Chase, CIII Black Smoked Chrome Edition-CIII Exclusive will have a Gold Chase as well with the CIII Base)
    Yoda ROTS Lightsaber (Regular, Gold Chase)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi ANH Lightsaber (Weathered UK/Wal-Mart Exclusive, SDCC and Conventions Exclusive As First Built Edition, Gold Chase for AFB Version)

Sith Collection

Darth Vader ANH Lightsaber (Regular, Gold Chase)
    Darth Maul TPM Damaged Lightsaber (Regular, Gold Chase)
    Count Dooku AOTC Lightsaber (Regular, Gold Chase)
    Count Dooku ROTS Lightsaber (Regular, Gold Chase)
    Darth Sidious ROTS Lightsaber (Regular, Gold Chase, Best Buy Black Smoked Chrome Edition-with Gold chase available)
    Darth Maul TPM Full Sized Lightsaber (MR Collectors Society 2005 Exclusive)

There is no announcement whether the other ROTS saber will have BSC variants or whether the Full Sized Maul Saber will have a Gold Variant.

Last edited by DarkJedi1981; 05-03-2005 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks!!!!!!

Now the hunt can begin!!!!

There is no announcement whether the other ROTS saber will have BSC variants or whether the Full Sized Maul Saber will have a Gold Variant.
    I thought it was just a given that 5% of all their mini sabers were done as gold chase variants.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    I thought it was just a given that 5% of all their mini sabers were done as gold chase variants.
    While this is true, the Obi-Wan Kenobi Weathered UK/Wal-Mart Exclusive did not have a Gold Variant. While the Black Smoked Chrome Exclusives will be packed with a Gold Variant Possibility which means you can have a regular Gold Chase Obi Wan on the standard base for example and a CIII Gold Chase variant on that specialized base. I know its the same thing but for completists it makes a difference because its a difference. The Full Sized Maul will be a CS Exclusive which means you'll have to pay the dues of $59.99 to get it and if you get Gold there may not be a way to score a "Regular" version or the CS may have a 1 per customer limit, due to this there may not be a Gold version available....Its still up in the air because no official announcement other than the showing at CIII was done.

The Full Sized Maul will be a CS Exclusive which means you'll have to pay the dues of $59.99 to get it
    I'm pretty sure Master Replicas said at the convention that the full length Darth Maul .45 scaled lightsaber was going to be given to CS members initially, but that it would be offered to regular customers later in the year. Which was why I didn't sign up at the convention. Though I could be wrong.

As for the Obi-Wan weathered lightsaber, I can see why they wouldn't do a gold version, they already have a basic gold version plus it would probably look pretty ugly with all the wear and tear.