Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would you care about cut-scene figures?

This may not be the best place for this, but I'm not sure exactly where it would go.

Following the inevitable die-off of the ROTS line later this year or early next year, Hasbro is going to have to recognize that we, the collectors, will be their core buyers for the duration of the license. So we should (ideally) be seeing a lot more figures for characters with a split second of screen time, Expanded Universe figures, etc.

But unless every single boring background human is going to be made, at some point Hasbro could conceivably make "off-camera" figures: characters whose scenes did not appear in the final cuts of the films (or that were eliminated in some later revision). Or maybe resculpts of existing characters in off-screen moments?

Would you be interested in seeing figures from the cut scenes? (Keep in mind we've already got four: Jedi Temple Analysis Droids, TPM R2-D2 with Booster Rockets, two versions of Anakin Skywalker (Sebastian Shaw), and Floppy Hat Luke.)

Here's a brief list of some I can think of off-hand, but this is by no means an exhaustive list:

ANH:
    Biggs Darklighter (Academy Uniform)
    Deak
    Windy
    Camie
    Fixer
    Heater (AKA "Jabba")
    Jenny

ESB:
    Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder Pilot Gear) w/ Cannon

ROTJ:
    Luke Skywalker (Sandstorm)
    Leia Organa (Sandstorm)
    Han Solo (Sandstorm)
    Lando Calrissian (Sandstorm)

TPM:
    Greedo (the Elder)

AOTC:
    Padme's family (drawing blank on their names)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Would you care about cut-scene figures?

I'd be down for a Biggs in Acadamy Uniform.

Don't forget Padme's Dracula-like Senate Speech costume and her Blue Naboo Family Visit costume from AOTC.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Hey, I said it wasn't an all-inclusive list. I knew I'd miss something.

Could anyone live with a third Mas Amedda figure if he had that weird tongue action from the AOTC DVD going on?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The idea, something I had never considered being done, does intrigue me. Not as much as EU figures, but I am interested in this. They would go well with my Shaw/Anakin figures.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Hey, I said it wasn't an all-inclusive list. I knew I'd miss something.

Could anyone live with a third Mas Amedda figure if he had that weird tongue action from the AOTC DVD going on?
    The ROTS one has it already!

Anyway, yeah I'd be up for some. Hopefully we'll get some ROTS figures of Padmé's family, because I think they're in there (not sure). If not, them bring on the AOTC ones! We already have another cut-from-the-movie figure - Lak Sivrak, though it was likely planned before they knew he was cut out of the SE. I'll take an Arleil Shous too, but would prefer first to get Melas.

I still want all the figures from the films first, before they start to make ones that are only on the DVDs (or not even!).

I'd buy em
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'd totally be down for these. And since they were actually in the movie at one point I myself wouldn't consider these to be EU which would make it easier for me to justify buying these. Some of them would make for really great figures especially the fat Irish Jabba.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    AOTC:
    Padme's family (drawing blank on their names)
    *****SPOILER*****SPOILER*****SPOILER*****
    (Highlight to read.)

They will be appearing in EPIII at her funeral.

*****SPOILER*****SPOILER*****SPOILER*****
    Last edited by ronhudy; 04-08-2005 at 10:17 AM.

I woudl totally buy all these figures as well as EU.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."