Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Arrow Palpatine #35 Blue/Red Lightsaber variation

I found a Palpatine #35 Blue Lightsaber back on April 2nd @ WM. But ever since i heard about a Palpatine #35 Red Lightsaber variant being discovered i've been trying to hunt one down (w/o resorting to EBAY). Well i finally found one today. The strange thing is that both the blue and the red versions have the EXACT same Date-Stamp of 50171. So much for trying to figure out which came first!!!

Out of curiosity does anybody else have both variants that can post the Date-Stamps from each figure?

Here's a comparision photo i just took (DEATH TO DIAL-UP): http://home.hot.rr.com/playtoy97c5/SW35_ 002.jpg

Re: Palpatine #35 Blue/Red Lightsaber variation

So it has been confirmed.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

And here I was thinking it was the emperor who had the blue saber. I must keep my eye out for both of these.
    "I have you now."

I saw a Palpatine with blue saber Wednesday but since the figure comes with interchangeable heads (Palpatine & Sidious) I figured Hasbro might purposely be springing another red/blue Royal Guard variant on us. That is, one version comes with the Palpatine head on the figure with blue saber, then the variant has the Sidious head on the figure with red saber. But after seeing your pic of the red saber variant thankfully this is not the case.

UPDATE: I just found another Blue Saber Palpatine #35, the datestamp on back is: 50081 which would indicate that the blue saber version came before the red version, and the transistion date must have been 50171.

Anyone who has a blue-saber or red-saber version #35-Palpatine please post your datestamp so that we can try and determine definitly which came first.

Thanks!

I have 2 with a blue saber. Dates are 50171 and 50081. I think the blues are first, because I believe he uses a red saber in the movie. That makes sense too: first run packaged wrong; revised to a correct red lightsaber. That's my bet fellas.

There's 2 posts on POTF2.com forum that have blue lightsaber datestamps as: 50041 & 50081.

Now if only we can get some more red saber datestamps for comparison.

I have 2 blue saber Palpatines and both #'s are 50081. I bought both during MM, one to keep MOC and the other as an opener but I haven't got around to opening it yet. I noticed the blue saber right away when I bought it and just figured that he had an extra red saber packed in with the interchangeable head and hands. So thats not the case? If so I might wait to open him until I can get one with the correct red saber included.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I just found another Red Saber version and it's datestamp is: 50241

So i would say with certainty that the blue saber version is indeed the 1st release and the red is the corrected release. So there you have it!

So in essences the blue one will end upbeing rare, the red one should be more abundant, and the blue is the variant, correct?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten