Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Exclamation Disappointing sales of the new SW merchandise.

I'd like to hear from everyone about sales of SW merchandise in your area. Here in Tampa Florida the shelves are chock full of every April 2nd release with the exception of the Grevious 12 inch. Pegs are slammed full! For the midnight sale only 6 people were at my local Walmart. Is the demand gone? Did they over produce figures? Have the stores ordered too much merchandise? Sales were minimal at best.
    So far, none of the newer figs have hit the shelves in my area. We probably won't see any until after the film comes out.

mace
    YODA: "The FORCE is strong with you Master Windex.
    "Windows so clean, never have I seen!"
    Remember Herbie the Love Bug? Visit him online at www.HERBIEMANIA.com

Re: Disappointing sales of the new SW merchandise.

Run now get me Cllone commanders ATRT gunners Pilots, and every other non quick draw clone and all red/blue guards for me!

Seriously,
    If you need something, let me know. Remember, they only have the first 30 or so figures that came out on April 2nd.

MAce
    YODA: "The FORCE is strong with you Master Windex.
    "Windows so clean, never have I seen!"
    Remember Herbie the Love Bug? Visit him online at www.HERBIEMANIA.com

i need 4 more quick draw clones :-P
    "Im writing this about you and me, so atleast we're on the same page"

Thats cool, I thought you ment they had like all the figs.

I do really need a Red guard and 2 blue guards.
    Shoot me an email at Joshkj@gmail.com if you have any extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_Solo
    i need 4 more quick draw clones :-P
    I have 4 extra actually that I was just about to put up for auction if you want them

Pretty full around here also.

I can forsee that we will be having the same problems finding figures next year as the stores will not want to get burn AGAIN by Hasbro like with AOTC.
    [font=Fixedsys][/font]

My stores in VA Beach are pretty full but from what I've seen the product seems to be movie quite fast. I went into WM the other day and the pegs and shelves were full and I just went back today and I would say that nearly half of the product was gone. I don't know if they pulled it to go into the back or, more likely, customers bought it. I totally expected there to be lots of product sitting on the shelves but I look for it to slowly dwindle down by summer's end.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I think what's giving that impression (at least around here) is that figures aren't moving. The pegs are stuffed like a Thanksgiving Turkey. What is selling are ships and vehicles. Even the Boga Lizard which I thought would be like the Reek and rot on shelves. Thursday night I found about two Obi-Wan fighters on the shelves and that was it for vehicles. The Unleashed GG is gone everywhere, but Anakin's and Obi's remain. Role play toys are moving OK. Same for the 12" line, which was produced in much smaller numbers this time out. (Which is good because they stink IMHO)

Once again it looks like Hasbro over produced the basic figure line. At least the first #32. #33-56 contains some of the most heavily anticipated figures, and I bet they'll ship in smaller numbers

Sy Snootles lip synchs