Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TRU Action Figures

The TRU in Charleston, WV did something very interesting with their figures and I was wondering if this is something that an employee just took the extra time to do, or is this how the figures were supposed to be done. The figures in my store are set on the pegs so that each peg is filled with the same figure. One peg is nothing but #01 Obi-Wan Kenobi, another peg is nothing
    #02 Anakin Skywalker, etc. Now, they don't have them in the numerical order on the pegs, but it is very nice, especially for variation hunters.

Re: TRU Action Figures

I love when stores do that. It makes it easier to see what is what and dont have to go diging through the pegs.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

At MM, the TRU in Barboursville had shopping carts full of figures out with one figure per cart in addition to one numbered figure per peg. Of course, by Monday, they had all been scrambled up, but it looked nice on Friday night/Saturday morning.
    Solo (to Jordan and Bird): Check this out. Off the sail barge, around Jabba's head and into the Sarlaac. Nothing but Fett.

[url=http://highlorddave.blogspot.com]Read my blog[/url]

Sith happens.

I havent been to TRU yet, but at my WM they did this-it was alot easier to see what they had.
    [font=Fixedsys][]V[][/font][font=Fixedsys]oul[]V[]an[/font]

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=18202513

Quote Originally Posted by HighLordDave
    At MM, the TRU in Barboursville had shopping carts full of figures out with one figure per cart in addition to one numbered figure per peg. Of course, by Monday, they had all been scrambled up, but it looked nice on Friday night/Saturday morning.
    Yeah they dd the same at the TRU in NJ that i went to.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

That is awesome when they do that! It never last more than a day though before they are all mixed up again.
    I've started to find some of the other figures I couldn't find on the 2nd. namely #33- #40. Vader's medical droid has been hard to find!

Now when I go back to Wal-Mart or ToysRUs I have to go though ALL the figures again and again to find the ones I need!

Yep, all the local stores (except K-Mart) had the figures separated by character on the pegs. I've seen this done before at FAO Schwarz in the past but it was the first time I've noticed the big box retailers doing it.

It was convenient, a lot easier to check out and pass on figures more quickly

By the time I found #33-40 at Wal-Mart on Wednesday the neat organization had continued to entropy. I had to hunt through all the pegs to find all the figs in that range.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai

By the time I found #33-40 at Wal-Mart on Wednesday the neat organization had continued to entropy. I had to hunt through all the pegs to find all the figs in that range.
    I had to do that Monday at WM, must have knocked 10 figures to the floor. Good thing I already had those 10.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

That was they did at my TRU, which I didn't even notice until everyone got their figures and there were rows of Yodas and Chewies.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I think all stores which sell Star Wars figures in mass quantities should be forced to peg figures this way under penalty of death.
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire