Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What will the E2 figures cost?

I've read in a few different sites that the cost of the figures may be very much cheaper than the POTJ line. Any truth to this? Will the prices be the same or will they be cheaper (one site said as low as $3.99?!!?!?!?). Please someone tell me this is true!

Mystic Jargo predicts that the figures will hit retail everywhere for the first couple of waves. Film tie-ins bring much excitement and much wanting from the kiddies. Some stores won't re-order stock after the first big push is over, stores like TRU in the UK who have no plans for any extended star wars stock lines. The episode two toys will be available in plentiful quantities up until xmas this year then mysteriously "POOFFF!!" vanished and never to be seen again. leaving us right back at square one, battling to find the things at retail because the retailers won't stock up. Hasbro thinks the line is dead and bingo! no more star wars in 2003 at all.

That was scenario #1. Discuss:

Price? Whatever the heck the retailers want to charge of course. DUH! don't you know anything yet? retailers are god, they do what they want to do and we aint supposed to moan about it, just sit up and beg to be punished some more for our sins.
    Last edited by Jargo; 01-07-2002 at 03:50 PM.

I remember that $8.99 was floating around for awhile, but I would hope that the standard assortment would retail for about $5.99.

If the LOTR figures are retailing locally for $6.25 at their scale, SW should reasonably market for at least a dollar less. Comparing Shmi to Gandalf was embarressing, considering that Shmi cost more.

Hasbro's MSRP: $3.99

Actual retail price: $8.99

Retailers are evil that way. Hasbro said that they were loosing the CommTech chips to drop prices and guess what.....NO DROP IN PRICE.

Software ETC had the nerve to charge $12.99 for the first POTJ wave.
    May the force be with you.

I believe the price will be a little higher than what we are use to.I hope not but we all know that the stores will and can do what they want to the price.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

hopefully they will be about $40 a figure so i can only buy a few good ones.

Since the Episode II figures SUCK! They should be $1.99. But that won't happen. The retailers or Hasbro will find a way to hike it up another $6.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Originally posted by Jayspawn
    Since the Episode II figures SUCK! They should be $1.99.
    Since they all suck they should all be FREE to begin with!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Originally posted by GNT

Since they all suck they should all be FREE to begin with!

Your right. The pic's of the figures are not that great but maybe with the new packaging they will look better.

Just my thoughts

Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens call on me, and I will equalize.

19th century ad for Colt revolvers

Be wary of the man who only has one gun...for he probley knows how to
    use it.