Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aussie Toy Fair - Battle Packs, Evolution Sets, Spud Trooper!

Mousedroid.com apparently has pictures of a lot of new items, including Battle Packs, Evolution Sets, more carded items, and Darth Tater's henchman, he Spud Trooper! Unfortunately I can't access the page on this computer, but RS had a small preview. Clone Armor Obi-Wan looks okay, but he's not that great. I'll have to see later . . . unless someone wants to post pics?

Re: Aussie Toy Fair - Battle Packs, Evolution Sets, Spud Trooper!

Here's my take on some of the items previewed at the Aussie Toy Fair (and pics to go with it).

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Clonetrooper Armor): Absolute crap!!! Wouldn't it have been more accurate, more aesthetically pleased, and easier to put a decent Obi-Wan head on an SA Clone body and give him robes and a helmet??? You be the judge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hasbro24.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	10820  
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Darth Vader (Meditation Chamber): I would've liked it better if the chamber was larger and not so claustrophobic, but it looks great nevertheless. I like the inclusion of the crane arm to remove Vader's helmet.

Unfortunately, I can't get the file size down within limits and still keep a well-cropped pic. Maybe somebody can jump in with this one.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Yeah, he (Obi) kinda looks like doon-doon.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

If a Spud Trooper is true, im in heaven right now. Sweet!

Obi Wan in clone armor is disappointing, he looks a little too bulky. Maybe the body will be improved before it hits.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Obi-Wan looks ridiculous. I'm actually kind of glad though because I no longer have a reason to pick up these Battle Re-Packs.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I'm with you on that one!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

The Battlepack looks good because of the non-animated Clone Wars figs.

Clone Trooper with Jetpack looks good
    Darth Vader on Operating Table looks awesome
    Mustafar looks pretty cool, I might have to snag it someday. Maybe.

Okay, now I'm getting to see them.

Uh . . . what would've been so hard about making a good Clone Obi-Wan? This looks crappy. I really like the Anakin in that set, though! The Asajj has no pupils and is kind of cool. She looks like an all-new figure! She also looks like she got some sort of breast-enlargement surgery. Yoda and Grievous look to be straight repacks. Too bad they didn't even paint Yoda's cloak dark brown like in the cartoon . . .

Looks like the other packs are: Maul, Jango, Mace, Anakin and Obi-Wan; Luke, Han, Vader, Chewie, and a stormtrooper. If these are all old, I'll pass.

That evolution set looks great! New AOTC and ROTS versions, plus what is likely the VOTC Vader. I love how he has interchangeable hands, and the Geonosis chain. It looks like a GOOD AOTC Anakin for a change.

The official names for the next wave of deluxe figures are:
    *Yoda (Fly Into Battle!)
    *Clone Trooper (Firing Jet Backpack!)
    *Vulture Droid (Firing Missile Launcher!)
    *Darth Vader (Rebuild Darth Vader!)

Looks like we'll still be getting great stuff throughout the year!

Man, those "official" names are lame!

As much as I like Asajj, this figure is a mild disappointment. Not as much blown potential as the armored Obi-Wan, but, well, she never appeared in any realistic format without pupils. That was a design change made for the animated series. They may as well make a realistic-style Mace with a head the shape of a keyhole.
    Tommy, close your eyes.