How do you wash off the paint?

How do you wash off the paint on the figures?
    I wanted to repaint the Clones so I try to wash off the paint on them.
    I soaked one in paint thinner but it doesn't seem to work.
    Is there a better way of doing that?

Thank you in advance!

Re: How do you wash off the paint?

If I'm not mistaken you can't. The clones are molded colors assembled together to achieve the final product. It may seem like paint but they should be just black and white plastic.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Not even the black on the helmet?

darknix, what (exactly which) Clone figure are you trying to customize?
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

YES you can get the paint off. I got some paint remover from Micheals (Goo-gone?). Just be really carefull with this stuff on your figures. I was trying to get the paint off an R2 and I got lazy and just dipped the entire thing in the cup of stuff and he literally started melting (no joke!!) thankfully I realized what was happening and I was able to salvage him but his head is still messed up because I had to cut it from its body for it to be able to move because it was fused. SO... if you are going to use the stuff be really careful and use a q tip to apply and make sure you wipe it off after you apply it. So just go to Micheals and ask them for paint remover..
    Hope that helped!
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Quote Originally Posted by mastermatt24
    YES you can get the paint off. I got some paint remover from Micheals (Goo-gone?). Just be really carefull with this stuff on your figures. I was trying to get the paint off an R2 and I got lazy and just dipped the entire thing in the cup of stuff and he literally started melting (no joke!!) thankfully I realized what was happening and I was able to salvage him but his head is still messed up because I had to cut it from its body for it to be able to move because it was fused. SO... if you are going to use the stuff be really careful and use a q tip to apply and make sure you wipe it off after you apply it. So just go to Micheals and ask them for paint remover..
    Hope that helped!
    Good advice. I actually just customized a Clone Trooper, as you can see in my thumbnail pic. I used a product called Goof-Off.

http://www.valspar.com/val/resident/...F%20LINEUP.jpg

I didn't actually use it to remove existing paint, but to clean up spots where I slipped, 'cause I was painting some very fine lines with a small brush. I used a Q-tip to apply it also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CustomClone1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	10912  
    Last edited by ronhudy; 04-18-2005 at 02:31 PM.

LOL! I did the exact same custom last night.. This guy must be popular! Have you seen the other one from RS? I dont mean to brag but I think the one I did looks really good beause I weathered it (its not hard to do). If you want to do it here is an easy way: Take some black paint (I use the Apple Barrel brand for this) and squirt a small or large ammount of black (or what other color you would want to do.. maybe a brown or grey?) Then take some water in a little paper cup and pour it onto the plate/pallet that your paint is on. Mix the water and paint as desired (if you want a DARK weathered look dont use a lot of water, if you want a lighter look use more and so on). Then take a paper towl and fold it and tear off a corner and use the scruffy side (better texture) and dip in paint and go for it! If you dont like the weathered look no problem- just wipe away while still wet, or dry for that matter...If you like the way it looks its really helpfull to spray it with the dull coat to seal it. Try it on your clone, and see how it looks! It makes mine really stand out even next to my commander because he looks so cool. I would post pics but they dont seem to want to upload... Ok, enough blab from me, start weathering!!
    hurray for birthdays!

I forgot to say to take a razor to the paint and kinda chip and streak away to make it look even more weathered (it shows him chipped and scratched up in the visual book, ill post pics sometime)
    hurray for birthdays!