Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OMG we have tracks from the original score!!!!

You heard it, they're ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!!
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 04-09-2005 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Not allowed to download copyrighted material.
    I'm Galactic Emperoress no more (and a bunch of hypocrites won't even let me explain why) :-(

I have faith that George will take the right path
    (edit: he has :-))

Re: OMG we have tracks from the original score!!!!

Here is the link to go directly to it
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 04-09-2005 at 10:56 PM. Reason: No linking to free downloads of copyrighted material.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Here is the link to go directly to it
    I'm afraid that doesn't always work for people outside America, you better look for other links in that thread
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 04-09-2005 at 10:57 PM. Reason: No linking to free downloads of copyrighted material.
    I'm Galactic Emperoress no more (and a bunch of hypocrites won't even let me explain why) :-(

I have faith that George will take the right path
    (edit: he has :-))

Ok, didnt know that. BUt the soundtrackis great,listened to a few songs and liked em.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

All the files have downloaded for me except for track 9. Anyone know anywhere else I can download it? Preferably somewhere that doesn't reveal the track titles, because I don't want to know them!

Ta
    PENDO!

Edit:
    Never mnd, got Track 9 now. Just started listening to them, so far so good! I accidently saw a few track titls, but most of them I don't know what they are or what to expect, so all's good Tomorrow I think I'll share with you all what I think is happening on each track.
    Last edited by Pendo; 04-09-2005 at 01:19 PM.
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Downloaded all of them except Track 2 "Anakin's Dream" and Track 11 "Enter Lord Vader" (probably b/c they were the only two files coming from independentmediagroup.com or something like that).

Anyways, I'm up to Track 05 - "General Grievous", and I LOVE THIS SOUNDTRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Battle of the Heroes" took a few listenings before I could accept it as the new SW theme, and now it just rocks. "General Grievous" is a very fast, frantically-paced piece that seems to fit what we've seen of the general so far (Clone Wars 20-25). "Anakin's Betrayal" had goosebumps popping up all over my body and nearly had me choked up.

I'm listening to Track 6 - "Palpatine's Teachings" as I'm typing this, and so far there's not much melody to it. Mostly very low strings and gutteral groans. Very, very "Emperorish".

I'll post my thoughts on the rest of the soundtrack when I have a chance.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

I've listened to several of them and I accepted them right away as SW. GG song sounds really good. Track 14 sounded almost exactly like Qui Gon's Noble End though.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    I've listened to several of them and I accepted them right away as SW. GG song sounds really good. Track 14 sounded almost exactly like Qui Gon's Noble End though.
    It is "Qui-Gon's Noble End" or at least the same themes (I noticed some variation). I assume this is now considered the "Naboo Funeral March" and plays during Padme's funeral procession through Theed.

Listened to the rest of the soundtrack, and this is easily becoming the best of the Star Wars soundtracks. The Grievous music is very rousing and pulsating. The cues involving the Emperor are very malevolent and fit the character perfectly. "The Immolation Scene" is a very un-SW-like piece but it is very disturbing.

I do have two gripes about the music, but they are minor and ultimately insignificant. First off, the latter half of the End Credits is the only thing I don't like about the music. Great pieces and played well, but they don't seem to match up well. Hearing "The Throne Room" from Episode IV was a shock b/c it was so out of place.

Second, I was disappointed that "Enter Lord Vader" and the rest of the soundtrack in fact did not make heavy use of the Imperial March or variations of it. Considering this is Vader's movie (both human and mechanical) I really expected to hear his theme more prominently in the score. But considering this is only a fraction of the full score, I'll withhold judgment until the movie.

Still, amazing work here! Impressive!

Most impressive...
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

nevermind this post !
    Last edited by moulman; 04-09-2005 at 11:17 PM.
    [font=Fixedsys][]V[][/font][font=Fixedsys]oul[]V[]an[/font]

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=18202513

Hate to be a downer, but you can't link to places for downloading this stuff for free anymore than you can the actual movie or hyperspace material on SSG. If you wish to discuss the soundtrack that is fine though.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection