Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

My Mother died when I was young(SPOILERS INVOLVED)

Ok, we all no Leia muttered these words. We all no Padme dies at the end of ROTS. I have been thinking that since no where on screen was she ever told about her and Luke being seperated at birth, she considered Mrs. Bail as her mother, and she died young. We know when Alderaan blows up she says father, but nothing more. SO maybe Mrs Bail was who she considered to be mommy. Thoughts....
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: My Mother died when I was young(SPOILERS INVOLVED)

Or Padme's death leaves quite the impression on Leia, since she like her brother would be force sensative.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    Or Padme's death leaves quite the impression on Leia, since she like her brother would be force sensative.
    I know Padme's is a face that I'd never forget.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    We know when Alderaan blows up she says father, but nothing more. SO maybe Mrs Bail was who she considered to be mommy. Thoughts....
    Well Luke asks her "Do you remember your mother, your REAL mother" Which indicates Padme for sure. That whole conversation was meant to be about the woman who gave birth to them. It would be pointless to be talking about Mrs. Organa at that time. But it seems to me that Padme is alive for a long enough time for Leia to at least have the impression. OR!!!!! Maybe what Leia is talking about is the feelings(since she would be force sensitive) that Padme was going through with the ordeal of Anikin in EPS 3 while in the womb. She would not need to really have been born yet to feel her sadness, beauty, and kindness. And with the force, each individual has different talents. So Leia may have had that ability where Luke may not have but his destiny lies along a different path with different talents.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

But, if she only knew Bails wife as mother, she could have thought that was her real mother. Force sensitive stuff like what Leia was doing with her kids in EU is possible, but the kids werent the ones doing it, it was Leia. The kids dont know they are "special" in the womb.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    The kids dont know they are "special" in the womb.
    They don't have to know. Babies don't know what eyes or ears are but they can see and hear. So for Leia, she can see and hear with her force senses.
    Anikin in EPS I didn't know he was force sensitive but he was able to use it nonetheless to fly the podracer.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, there's no good rationale to tie the trilogies together with this one, assuming that we see Padme die in ROTS while Leia is still an infant. I find it difficult to believe that ANYONE walked away from ROTJ thinking anything except that Leia was at least a toddler when her mother died. To suggest anything else would be disingenuous from the most probable original intent of the script and the original assumption by the audience.

Most likely that only reason GL is inserting A)Padme's death and B)Obi taking the babies to Tatooine is for gratuitous fan-boy pleasing reasons. I really wish he would pay more attention to his own established story instead of relying on the fanatics in his audience to make excuses for him.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    I really wish he would pay more attention to his own established story instead of relying on the fanatics in his audience to make excuses for him.

I got the same assumption you did. Leia was talking of Padme in ROTJ. I am trying ot figure out heads or tails now that we have a completely different story. Just offering up real solutions.

Perhaps Bail tells her she is his kid. Perhaps he tells her the truth. We dont know because 18 years or so is cut out. FOr her to be a Princess is another story, because Bail would need to be King and his wife Queen. It doesnt add up to me.

The easiest way to deal with the whole thing is to just treat the PT for what it is - some sort of grand "Infinities" story that happens to be written by Lucas. The closer you look at it, the less sense it makes.

Each of the twins has one factor tying them to their true lineage by the time we get to ANH. Luke obviously keeps the Skywalker name, while Leia is given the title of Princess- which makes perfect sense since Padme' was once Queen.

As for Leia remembering her mother, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Obi-Wan immediately takes Luke at birth, while Leia remains close enough to Padme long enough to sense the sadness in her subconciously through the force - thus the explanation for the "images, feelings" she describes in ROTJ.

This business of only putting in this and Tatooine to impress the fanboys reeks of stupidity! It makes perfect sense for Lucas to include these scenes, basically ending an otherwise downer of a movie with the slightest glint of hope, which we all know will eventually be realized in the OT. Tossing in a pointless scene with Han and Lando running around as kids would be for the fanboys - these scenes with Luke and Leia are crucial points in the story, which actually serve a purpose to tie in the two trilogies.