Clone Wars Cartoon Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper Armor

Several things:

1 - I'd like this figure made "cartoon-style" also, perhaps in a wave with Padme, C-3PO, R2D2, or holo-Sidious, maybe Kit Fisto...Battle Droid....nevermind I could go on and on....Aayla, Shaak-Ti, the Talz Jedi, the Ithorian Jedi....

Anyway, you can see the realistic "Ewan McGreggor one" at MouseDroid.com. It's ok, but I have the same complaints I'd seen others post in another thread about multipacks in general.

This thread is about desiring a cartoon version of Obi-Wan this way, but it also could be about getting a better realistic one that's sculpted instead of with snap-on Clone Armor and a pre-molded armor-under-the-cape type get-up.

Re: Clone Wars Cartoon Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper Armor

I'm pretty disappointed in this, too. I wanted a good, sculpted "realistic" version, but this just seems like they chose the cheapest way they could do it. Can't tell from the pics, but does he have a ball joint head? If so, I'll probably just do a little paint job on a SA CT and swap a head. It sucks that I may have to do that, though, as this could have been the best "EU" fig ever, IMO.

Heres a quick photo of one I have been working on-

Head / neck swap
    Hand swap
    Retooled arm

Just needs paint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00042.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	10847  
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Tycho, is the one on mousedroid.com the maquette version? I know someone who has one and from the pix I've seen it looks pretty good. If Hasbro did a figure-sized version of that one I'd be on it like Whitney Houston on a line of coke.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Man Can, here is the pic of Obi-Wan in clone armor. It is the worst thing I have ever seen. It is coming out in the battle packs
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper armor would be my first choice if the CW animated line did in fact continue, followed by Padme, R2-D2 and C-3PO. However, when you consider the number of "new" non-EU figures we've seen in the past year or so from the basic 3 3/4" assortment has been rather low I'd rather see Hasbro maintain their focus on that area for awhile. If Hasbro was to revisit this line I'd rather see it in a year or so after the dust from ROTS settles.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Kidhuman, if that pic's for real, it's hideous!
    It looks like Obi-Wan if Russell Crowe played him! Ewww.
    My vote for worst clone wars figure so far.

Its for real, was taken at the Aussie Toy Fair.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

What I don't get is why they're reverting back to the realistic looking figures. I thought they horrible when they were first released and this one doesn't look any better.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

1) Hasbro had the foresight to market The Clone Wars. They had basic Star Wars licensing. They could issue stuff that was seen in the movies, and mildly adapt it:

Anakin (cool, with the binocs)
    Obi-Wan (also cool with the backpack stuff)
    ARC Trooper (blue and then red, and no one complained! Cool figure!)
    Yoda (well this one in the Poncho Villa vest was tragic)

-Mace - one of the best figures of him
    -Asajj Ventress - a great figure with cool lightsabers
    -Durge - it could have been better (and bigger), but Hasbro didn't know exactly what the cartoon would look like. But good accessories.

Kit Fisto - sadly, his mission lacked support figures. Shirtless and almost worthless.
    SaeSee Tiin - one broken horn and his 4th or 5th figure already? Waste.
    SA Clone Trooper - one of the best figures ever made!

Anakin's Starfighter - cool, if a little unsubtle
    HailFire - a movie vehicle, but nice way to get it out!
    Geonosian Fighter - again, ditto.
    AAT Tank - nice way to re-release it.
    Republic Gunship - ditto.
    Jedi Starfighter - repaint, but cool if you're fleet building

Clone 3-packs, Jedi 3-packs, Droid 3-packs, spider droids, etc. - very cool stuff.

IT WAS A HUGE MARKETING SUCCESS FOR IN-BETWEEN MOVIES (that is, it at least made a bigger footnote than Shadows of the Empire).

2) Hasbro got the Gennedy CARTOON NETWORK LICENSE:

This changed things by allowing them to start another toy line - the animated versions they didn't have the copyright to do before.

Logically, Hasbro did both, as there were markets in both places.

As long as some of us have toys from either collection - there's a market for either collection to continue.

Obi-Wan in Clone Armor ANIMATED
    Obi-Wan in Clone Armor - realistic

That is not to say the toys should be crap instead of quality though.