Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

So Close and yet so Mustafar!

From the pictures I've seen It looks like the Arena playset repainted and they added the ramp for the rolling rock (mmmm Rolling Rock) which looks like a brussel sprout. It also looks like they have not found out about digital cable TV and are still using a giant antenna. I wonder if the lava everyone is so ht about will be a crappy piece of foam like the pit from the old Dagobah playset or the left over Nickelodeon slime from the company who made those toys or a fun to eat mix. My favourite part is that you can connect the battle scenes (Obi vs. General roach boy and Annie vs.Dorku) sets that are readily available at stores evrywhere in such abundance that I should start hitting on the gals who work at these stores, ask for an application, or start collecting Hot Wheels before they get creeped out on me and call the cops.

Kahuna:This is Kahuna's last post because NO ONE listens to Kahuna about the lava. Okay, burn your fool fingers. Kahuna DON'T CARE. When you want to play with your tiki and you can't DON'T COME CRYING TO KAHUNA!
    Maury: The DNA evidence has come back.... and LUKE.... He is your father!!!!
    Luke: NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!

Re: So Close and yet so Mustafar!

It's not the Arena playset. It's based off a GI Joe playset.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I think I am misunderstanding you JP, are you saying the Mustafar playset is based on a Joe playset? I can't think of a single one that's remotely similar.

If you're saying the AOTC Arena is a Joe set, that's backwards, the GI Joe line retooled the AOTC Arena to make their "Conquest of Cobra Mountain" playset, and they forgot to take out some of the battle droid parts molded to the floor: http://yojoe.com/vehicles/03/cobramountain/droids.shtml
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Mustafar looks similar to Dagobah to me
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Really? I remember the Dagobah playset being flat with a tree/hut and a foam hole "swamp", this thing looks very vertical by comparison.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The shape of it, the base format more than anything. Just built from there.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

What was and still is cool about the Dagobah playset was the back of it where you could recreate the Luke vs. the Vader scene. Now Hasbro kinda dropped the ball by not remaking/renaming the Jawa Droid Factory(aka Jabba's Droid Dungeon) for ATOC as well as the Death Star corridor playsets during the green card/orange card era (1995-now) to all connect together. Anyway, the volcano playset looks butt ugly, at least the pictures posted here are. Hopefully the final toy is good.
    Maury: The DNA evidence has come back.... and LUKE.... He is your father!!!!
    Luke: NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!

The Mustafer playset is taken from the M.A.S.K. "Boulder HIll" Playset.

Here's one pic reference:
    http://www.retrojunk.com/author/artimages/bhill.jpg

If I could find a better view from the other side, you'd more clearly see the resemblance.
    Move along, move along

Ummm Sal, no pic of the playset.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal
    The Mustafer playset is taken from the M.A.S.K. "Boulder HIll" Playset.

Here's one pic reference:
    http://www.retrojunk.com/articles/to...-playsets.html

If I could find a better view from the other side, you'd more clearly see the resemblance.
    I changed sal's link to the web page so it should work now. The MASK playset is number 7 on their list.