Thread: Mini Unleashed!

Mini Unleashed!

I know this one probably won't be popular at all with collectors of the regular Unleashed, or those who feel compelled to buy one of everything even though they don't want them, but I would absolutely love to see the entire Unleashed line rereleased in a scaled down size. Releasing scaled down versions - I'm thinking 3 3/4" sized - would be a great opportunity for those of us who missed out on the full-sized line from the start, would be a great way to give those of us with a lack of space for the larger figures a shot at collecting the line, and would even allow a bunch of us a chance at owning them all for a little less than the $12.99 the originals go for.
    As a collector, I know how much Hasbro loves to reissue older stuff. This is a great way to do just that - the designs, sculpts, and molds are already there, all that would be needed here is to take the original molds and pantograph them down to size. I also feel that Mini Unleashed would make for a great alternative to the regular figure line at this scale for those who prefer sculpt over articulation (Hasbro's often seemed to insist that these people are in the majority anyway.) Plus, not only does Hasbro save money on the production of these figures to begin with, but I could even see this sort of thing selling for a little more than the regular figure line (I wouldn't have a problem with a $7-8 pricepoint) without the added costs of articulation; thus increasing what is probably already a decent profit margin.
    Just an idea...
    Last edited by RooJay; 04-14-2005 at 10:13 PM.

Re: Mini Unleashed!

I'm for this, on two conditions: the current scale Unleashed has to remain, and the smaller figures have to be of comparable quality. Shrinking them down and loosing the detail doesn't work for me.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Go with the Saga Luminara, there is a mini unleashed.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I'm for this, on two conditions: the current scale Unleashed has to remain, and the smaller figures have to be of comparable quality. Shrinking them down and loosing the detail doesn't work for me.
    Naturally the full-scale line keeps going. That's the only way I'd want to see this happen as well. As far as detail issues go - that's exactly the beauty of something like this. Since they'd be using scaled down versions of the exact same molds the mimi versions would not only keep all the detail, but they might even end up looking more detailed in the smaller size!