"Star Wars Revelations"

I read these forums all the time and haven't noticed if this has been posted on here or not before, so if it has I'm very sorry. May contain "SPOILERS", not very sure.

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky...s/11384018.htm
    Last edited by ThePurpleSaber; 04-15-2005 at 10:27 AM.

Re: "Star Wars Revelations"

The trailer was decent. TERRIBLE casting though. I've seen high school actors with better stage presence and line delivery. I think part of the problem (judging by the trailer) is a lack of sound sweetening. The dialogue tracks are in dire need of help. I can almost guess how far away the boom is in some of the shots.

Don't know how they shot it, but it looks like 29.97 video. A little too sharp in the live action sequences...they seem to contrast a bit with the fx work. Shooting with a 24P camera then converting to 29.97 would have added that 3:2 pulldown and given them that "film-look."

The fx are superb though. It's pretty amazing how quickly this level of work has filtered down from the professional level to the regular guy. Pretty impressive there.

But that lead actress (the bad chick?) is awful and the main hero (?...plump guy with the beard) doesn't command any presence onscreen. I got annoyed by the two of them in that short time. Can't imagine how I'd take 40 minutes. Too bad. Too many of these fan-films are hampered by the casting choices. With so much personal money on the line, I wish people would take the extra effort and really hunt down capable talent for otherwise worthy projects.

PS.
    Ok, so I'm in the middle of watching the behind the scenes doc. It looks like a 16mm camera on their crane in the quarry. But at the beginning of the doc, there was an XL1 so I'm guessing they used both.

The doc itself is okay, but the VO narration should get switched to someone else with a deeper and more resonant voice.

Good effort, though. Maybe the next one will be even better.
    Last edited by stillakid; 04-15-2005 at 01:37 PM.

also seen this video.....pretty hillarious stuff IMO. Again, sorry if this has been posted before.

http://www.newgrounds.com/video/losthope.html

Actually here's the homepage for that video along with a bigger version. That is by far my favorite SW spoof.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Star Wars Revelations...

If you haven’t seen this Fan Film I would encourage everyone to check it out. Even if you end up not liking the story it is simply amazing what these people did with a very very low budget. The special effects are spectacular.

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know that two of my friends Peter and Bryan started doing a podcast called Comic Geek Speak. They are up to 15 episodes doing a couple a week. They talk comics, movies, TV, etc. Pretty much anything they can think of. I get to come on some of them and talk toys and comics as well.

They did something really neat today. Through someone on the Comic Geek Speak forum Peter and Bryan did a phone interview with Shane Felux the man behind the “Star Wars Revelations” Fan Film. I encourage everyone to take some time and listen to interview. It is very interesting and just pretty darn cool to have him on their show. Here is a link to the podcast…

http://comicgeekspeak.blogspot.com/

Afterward send them an email let them know what you thought or join their forum.