I saw Stephen King in concert tonight.

So I'm at the Mellencamp show tonight (6th row ), I'm a big fan and have been for many years, and toward the end of the set Johnny Cougar says "We have a surprise for you, Stephen King is going to come out and play Pink Houses with us."

Whoa.

Okay first of all, King is a very creepy looking dude and second of all, it may sound like an odd combination but for awhile now, these two guys have talked about / worked on doing some theatrical production with King penning the performance and Mellencamp writing the songs.

Sure enough, King comes onstage wearing blue jeans and a sleeveless Harley Davidson shirt carrying an accoustic rig. He strummed some rythym throughout the whole song and even hopped on Mike Wanchic's mic for some backing chorus vox.

It must have been his first time up there because before the encore when John introduced the band he asked the crowd if King looked nervous up there before, saying that he was nervous before the show but John was proud of him.

And what might be the funniest thing about all of this, you know where we were ? Green Bay, Wisconsin. Of all the cities for King to make a guest appearance, how did he end up in Green Bay ? New England, we ain't.

Re: I saw Stephen King in concert tonight.

That's pretty insane. I did a bio on King a few years back and he was part of a band a while back that featured other authors and a few musicians as well. I heard vocally he isn't that impressive, but hey, he can play guitar. Sounds sweet though.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Did he apologize for mucking up the Dark Tower series in the end?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    That's pretty insane. I did a bio on King a few years back and he was part of a band a while back that featured other authors and a few musicians as well. I heard vocally he isn't that impressive, but hey, he can play guitar. Sounds sweet though.
    Yeah, I remember seeing a few articles about that band. If I recall, Mitch Albom of 'Tuesday's with Morrie' fame and Amy Tan author of "The Joy Luck Club' were members of that band.

Something tells me they have pretty good lyrics too.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I finally got a hold of the pics my friend took at the show, here's a good one of Cougar and the Creep.

That's of course John Mellencamp on the left with Stephen King on the right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CougarandKing.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	11552  

Caesar, I wonder what Paul Mooney would think of all of this?