Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Super Deformed @ K-Mart: Disappointing

Since it's "News" on the front page, I gotta put my two cents in:

For the life of me, I can't figure out why they took 4 of the POTJ palm talkers that were previously released, all characters from the original trilogy, and put them into "Revenge of the Sith" boxes. What the hell is that all about?! Talk about lame! I rarely go to K-mart, but when I did last week, I saw these, and thought "Cool...let's see what they have." But low and behold, not one "Revenge of the Sith" character. YES, I know these characters DO appear in Episode III, but why couldn't they put out at least a Grievous, or maybe one other new character?! I'm not really a hard-up collector anymore, and not really into these, but my kids have a few of the POTJ ones, and my older son, who is now a collector, would have flipped for a Grievous one...

I guess I can hope they'll have another wave, but I'm not holding my breath. Thanks Again Hasbro...and way to give K-mart (an already troubled company) the lamest "exclusive" ever!

Re: Super Deformed @ K-Mart: Disappointing

K-Mart would've been better off with a figure exclusive. I passed on the palm talkers a few years ago when they were first released. Well, actually I bought them and then later returned them. My K-Mart is selling these things for $9.99 each so I expect to see them on shelves for quite some time.

The K-Mart super center here has been a disappointment so far. During the OTC release the store was the first to get in new figures but now they seem to want to avoid doing any large Episode III product display. Maybe I'll see more stuff there in May. But with K-Mart figure prices at 6.99 they won't be getting my business unless I find something there that's really hard to find.
    Last edited by Ji'dai; 04-16-2005 at 12:55 PM. Reason: we all float down here

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    K-Mart would've been better off with a figure exclusive. I passed on the palm talkers a few years ago when they were first released. Well, actually I bought them and then later returned them. My K-Mart is selling these things for $9.99 each so I expect to see them on shelves for quite some time.

The K-Mart super center here has been a disappointment so far. During the OTC release the store was the first to get in new figures but now they seem to want to avoid doing any large Episode III product display. Maybe I'll see more stuff there in May. But with K-Mart figure prices at 6.99 they won't be getting my business unless I find something there that's really hard to find.
    Exactly...with figures almost two dollars more than anywhere else, I don't know why anyone would shop there. Have they even had any toy sales yet? I don't recall seeing anything...and same thing at my K-mart - very little ROTS stuff and not much of a display. I always see so much damage to their carded figures as well.

I first bought a few of the palm talkers as novelty items for my kids, and they got a couple of Japanese ones the first time around (they visit Japan anually). If they had a Grievous one or Palpy one, I'd probably get it.

K-Mart is the forgotten granddaddy of Wal-Mart, left to die alone in a puddle of it's own urine.

Kinda sad really.

jwmc1971

Talking Re: Super Deformed @ K-Mart: Disappointing

MMMMMMMM...........urine .....

It appears the K-Mart here in Bellingham, WA has no basic figures other than preview figures. I did see some of those superdeformed things, a couple deluxe figures, lightsabers, Legos and games. No basic figures though, unless they put them in some crazy spot I've yet to see.

Quote Originally Posted by ronhudy
    ...with figures almost two dollars more than anywhere else, I don't know why anyone would shop there. Have they even had any toy sales yet?
    K-Mart did have a circular last week advertising 2 basic figures for $11. Other SW items were on sale with a varying percentage-off. My local store's poor selection notwithstanding, KM's sale prices on basic figs still aren't competitive with WM. TRU (fully re-stocked with #1-32 as of Friday) have raised their prices back to 5.99. So they are no longer competitive with WM either.

HA HA! My local K-Mart di have tons of EP3 stuff...SADLY, I already had these figures C3PO, Chewie, DORKU, General RoachBoy from the cartoon, all the Sneak preview Wookies and Ships. That and all the ligthsabers and blasters you would want (not) and the Playskool stuff.
    Maury: The DNA evidence has come back.... and LUKE.... He is your father!!!!
    Luke: NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!

I am going to have to defend K-Mart. If it wasn't for them, I would still be searching for 2 Red Royal Guards. Not only that, but I got them the week after MM when K-Mart had their figures on sale for 2 for $11.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

I haven't found anything to buy at K-Mart since last February. They really got stuck with the worst of the worst in terms of "Exclusives", at least from the stand point of bringing in collectors. I don't see anyone standing outside K-Mart at 7 AM for these things.

Sy Snootles lip synchs