from what i have seen in the CW cartoons and pictures, General Grievous is looking to be an awesome character in the movie. kids seem to be buying everything Greivous, as i have seen him to be the one character that is rarely seen in stores.
now i recently purchased the 12" figure and found out that he was meant to stay in his box.
1. once his knee and ankle joints become loose, he doesn't stand very well. i have to position him next to something so he doesn't fall over.
2. his head is not articulated enough. he should be able to turn his head in all directions instead of just left to right.
3. his arms are horrible. they don't look good when they are split apart, and they dont' even snap back together to make one arm. and the fact that his arms are only held in by being snapped in a ball joint, they are just pathetic. they come loose when moving his arms around.
4. his hands are flimsy and are not capable of holding a lightsaber. they should have been made of durable plastic and not bendy rubber. the sabers just rest in his hands(if your lucky). there is no chance of making him look cool without his sabers.
5. the cape is cool, but should have been made to cover up the front of the figure, so you couldn't see his body.
6. the saber blades can be detached from the hilt, but there is no attachment to hang the hilts on his waist.
overall, i would not take this figure out of the box, he looks better in it. i give this figure a rating of 6 out of 10 out of the box and 8 out of 10 in the box.