Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

12" General Grievous

from what i have seen in the CW cartoons and pictures, General Grievous is looking to be an awesome character in the movie. kids seem to be buying everything Greivous, as i have seen him to be the one character that is rarely seen in stores.
    now i recently purchased the 12" figure and found out that he was meant to stay in his box.

1. once his knee and ankle joints become loose, he doesn't stand very well. i have to position him next to something so he doesn't fall over.

2. his head is not articulated enough. he should be able to turn his head in all directions instead of just left to right.

3. his arms are horrible. they don't look good when they are split apart, and they dont' even snap back together to make one arm. and the fact that his arms are only held in by being snapped in a ball joint, they are just pathetic. they come loose when moving his arms around.

4. his hands are flimsy and are not capable of holding a lightsaber. they should have been made of durable plastic and not bendy rubber. the sabers just rest in his hands(if your lucky). there is no chance of making him look cool without his sabers.

5. the cape is cool, but should have been made to cover up the front of the figure, so you couldn't see his body.

6. the saber blades can be detached from the hilt, but there is no attachment to hang the hilts on his waist.

overall, i would not take this figure out of the box, he looks better in it. i give this figure a rating of 6 out of 10 out of the box and 8 out of 10 in the box.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

Angry Re: 12" General Grievous

i agree the figure pretty much sucks .

Re: 12" General Grievous

Well, that's a bummer... that it's such an un-fun toy. (As much of a bummer as the fact that I haven't seen one of these since MM.) I've been buying the "bad guy" -- Maul, Dooku -- from each prequel movie to keep boxed up anyway, so I suppose I won't change for this one.

Thanks for the warning darko666.
    plasticfetish.net

Way to go hasbro, seem as if they put too much thought in the packaging once again.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

The only thing I'd add to that review is that the paint on 12" Grievous is crappy and almost non-existant, the mouth is missing a paint app for corn's sake!

Oh, and the box and tray insert are a nightmare to open and release the figure from.

Yet even with all that, I don't regret buying this figure, only the Force Battlers Grievous.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have to agree with everything negative said about this figure especially JT's comments regarding the paint. I actually do regret my purchase and this figure along with the 12" Clone Trooper will be the last SW 12" figures I buy. I'm tired of being disappointed with this line so I've decided not to support it anymore.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    I'm tired of being disappointed with this line so I've decided not to support it anymore.
    Hmmm. That's grim, I suppose I'm in no hurry to find this one at all now. Hellboy, slightly off topic, but have you found Shaak Ti or Barriss Offee yet? Just curious. I got Shaak Ti today and she looks great packaged. (I'm not sure if I'll open her up.)
    plasticfetish.net

No I haven't seen them in my area yet PF. Based on the pictures I've seen they both look good but I think I'm still going to pass. I'm sure they look good packaged too but I open my 12" figures and have pretty much had my fill of disappointments such as bad paint apps (Grievous), figures that can't hold their weapons (Clone Trooper) and poor distribution of figures I really wanted (Biker Scout and Plo Koon.) I'd rather devote more money towards Kotobukiya statues and my 3 3/4 collection at this point.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I agree 100% with the review, although I'd give it about a 4 out of 10. 6 is too generous. A figure that can't even stand up on it's own loses 2 points right off the bat. Also, another 2 points off simply due to the fact that they created a cool cyborg character who's arms split to form 4 lightsaber wielding arms - but then CAN'T EVEN HOLD THEM! Another 2 points for the bad paint job.

I'll give him an 8 in the box.

i knew i forgot to add the paint job to this review. i have to agree about it being bad, in fact it doesn't do this figure any justice at all. it's just a bland colored figure.

ronhundy: the reason i gave the figure a 6(out of the box), is mainly because i have high hopes for Grievous in the movie, so i let him slide a little bit in the review score. but now that i saw your views on it, i can agree with you.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist