Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Question Musical questions discussed?

Music is the universal language, right? Does that make us all bilingual, then? Oh well. There are some issues that occur in songs that are just dying for attention. Now, we've discussed wrong lyrics and good/bad songs, but what about these types?

1. Who are you more impressed with: The Proclaimers or Vanessa Carlton? In their song "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)," The Proclaimers say they'll walk 500 miles, and then 500 more, while Ms. Carlton's "1000 Miles" is just the same total. Is the larger one better, or the two halves?

2. If the coach had put in John Fogerty to play second base instead of centerfield, would he have complained?

Just curious...
    "That's what Sheev said."

Re: Musical questions discussed?

Well, we all know playing outfiled is alot different than playing second base. Range is greater and speed is a necessity in the poutfield. So yes, if he is a centerfielder, he would have complained if he played second base.

ANd the first one, they both are morons, get a license and drive the 1000 miles, its quicker.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'm still wondering whether the Chicago song "25 or 6-4" is a trick question or what??
    I could never figure that out....

And (I'll need some help recalling the "artist" and title) where the lyrics say "If I had wings I would do anything" and "If I could fly I would give you the sky" (again, song title escapes me, it's a sort of sound-track-ey song) Does this mean that without wings or the ability to fly, buddy iusn't going to do ANYTHING for the girl he is trying to impress?? I mean, the song in question is some sort of "relationship pop" song but it's all about how the singer can't do a bunch of impossible stuff and I don't recall it ever saying what the guy would do.....

Great topic, BCJ!!! !!!
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by mabudon
    I'm still wondering whether the Chicago song "25 or 6-4" is a trick question or what??
    I could never figure that out....
    The story behind 25 or 6 to 4.

They were in the studio recording and needed to know what time it was. As most musicians they were in the bag at the time. When one of them asked what time it was, another looked at the clock and couldnt tell the difference between the minute hand and the second hand, so he replied it either 25, or 6 to 4. Seriuosly that is the story.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by mabudon
    And (I'll need some help recalling the "artist" and title) where the lyrics say "If I had wings I would do anything" and "If I could fly I would give you the sky" (again, song title escapes me, it's a sort of sound-track-ey song)
    is this the band: http://www.tyketto.com/albums/lyrics/d_c_e/wings.htm
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    They were in the studio recording and needed to know what time it was.
    Does anybody know what time it is? Does anybody really care (about time)? Oh no...

How many other countries do you think Van Halen did not consider when naming "Panama"? I personally think that "Uraguay" would've been just as good, if not better:

"Ur-a-guay,
    Ur-a-guay-guay.
    Ur-a-guay,
    Ur-a-guay-guay-ay-ay-ayay..."
    "That's what Sheev said."

I'm more impressed with Vanessa Carlton because she's a lot cuter.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'll go with the Proclaimers because I've heard their song and I like a good thick Scottish accent. And for Mr. Fogerty I have no clue weather second base would have been expectable. I can tell you it does rhyme as nicely.

And I'd a couple of my own.
    Bob Dylan told us that the answer is blowing in the wind. What if you live in a place the wind rarely blows? Do you not hear the answer? And what if you hear the wind but don't get the language (like its a Canadian wind but only speaks French), then what?

What is a heart shaped box? And does someone get locked in one for weeks?
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I'm more impressed with Vanessa Carlton because she's a lot cuter.
    And she puts on a hell of a show. I'm more impressed with her feat. By going 500 miles and THEN 500 more, they're implying they took a break to eat, sleep, or squeegee their glasses. Vanessa did her 1000 miles in one shot (so she could just see me tonite. Or not.).
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Actually, I wanna know, have YOU ever seen the rain???

And the Clash song "should I stay or should I go??" always bugged me... "If I stay there will be trouble/ if I go it will be double"... heck, sounds like there's less trouble if he just sticks around... to the tune of DOUBLE, even......

And the song "LOLA", a tune by the Kinks .... so, at the end, IS "Lola" a man or a woman or what??? I could never figure that one out either
    Last edited by mabudonicus; 04-18-2005 at 02:48 PM. Reason: I got SERVED
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.