Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Most disturbing movie images.

As a kid when I would see movies there were always things that would disturb you to the bone. I can handle them better now that I am an adult but when I had first seen them they would haunt my every waking moment.

1. Seeing Owen and Beru fried to a crisp.
    2. Watching Toth in Lost Ark melt.
    3. The part in Superman 2 when his powers are being removed and it shows for
    a second his face as a skull as it peels away his powers.
    4. That ghostly face of Reagan in The Excorsist when the demon manifests itself in her.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Re: Most disturbing movie images.

The only part of a movie that has ever really bothered me at any time is Private Mellish's (Adam Goldberg) death in Saving Private Ryan.
    Not sure what it is about it, but I just have a very hard time watching it.

Certain scenes in Star Wars can be pretty intense for a young viewer that isn't desensitized to on-screen violence.

These scenes bothered me when I first saw them:

- Vader strangling and then snapping Captain Antilles neck.
    - Vader choking Admiral Motti.
    - The allusion to Leia's interrogation/torture. For a few breath-taking moments I thought they were actually going to show it.
    - Han's torture at Cloud City. They actually did show that one.

Yeah, the melting Nazis in Raiders of the Lost Ark were a bit intense too as was Mola Ram's piercing the chest of the sacrifice and removing his beating heart in Temple of Doom. The burning of the sacrificial victim wasn't pleasant to watch either.

I couldn't sit still though Alien and Aliens. Those movies scared the hell out of me.

The one that freaks the absolute hell out of me is that creepy-a** white-faced guy that randomly pops up for a split second a few times in the Exorcist. Nothing else about that movie really scares me except for that creepy bastard.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    The one that freaks the absolute hell out of me is that creepy-a** white-faced guy that randomly pops up for a split second a few times in the Exorcist. Nothing else about that movie really scares me except for that creepy bastard.
    Actually that is what I was talking about, I thought it might have been Reagan but I guess not.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I got scared seeing Brad Pitt's face pop up during several frames in "Fight Club". I'm not talking about his role in the movie, but in several scenes I saw a subliminal "Brad" pop up. Now that's freaky!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

These were all when I was a kid. They don't bother me anymore.

Raiders of the Lost Ark- When Toht melted (like scruff and Ji'dai)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom- The heart ripping scene

Jaws- Most of the deaths along with some other scenes, but I'll name what disturbed me:

-When the kid in the water raft died. Just seeing the blood shoot out of the water like a geyser scared the hell out of me as a kid.

-When you see the old rotted severed arm of the girl, both on the beach and in the room with Richard Dreyfuss

-The death of Quint. Just his screams, and what really topped it off was seeing him vomit blood.
    Last edited by General_Grievous; 04-17-2005 at 09:11 PM.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Pet Sematary - Gage being hit by the truck.

Mad Max - Max's family being run down by the bikers.

Scarface (1983) - Tony watching his friend get taken apart with the chainsaw.

Yeah, I watched some radically different stuff compared to other kids.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I have to agree with Pet Cemetary.

American Werewolf in London freaked me out when I saw it as a kid.

Deliverance had a "disturbing" scene as well. Poor Ned Beatty.

the one thing that always bothered me was in the movie The Fly, when goldblum was arm wreslting this guy in a bar and he broke the guys forearm. you could see his bone and ripped flesh. that always made look away. now i love that scene, it's a classic.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist