Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OTC Stormtrooper

Is there any difference between the OTC #16 Stormie and the OTC Vintage?

Re: OTC Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened88
    Is there any difference between the OTC #16 Stormie and the OTC Vintage?
    Yep. The VOTC Stormtrooper has more articulation

How many pionts more? Also are the Stormtrooper Army builders come from the vintage or the basic?

The OTC Stormtrooper is just a repackaged Commtech Stormtrooper with 10 points of articulation (head, waist, ball-shoulders, elbow-twist, legs, knees).

The Vintage-style OTC Stormtrooper is a completely new sculpt with 14 points of articulation (ball-socket joints: head, waist, elbows, shoulders, knees, ankles; wrist twist, legs).

If you wanted to build an army cheaply, then you probably want the OTC version. But I ended up spending $100 for 10 of the vintage-style ones when they came out, they look much better IMO.

If you hold out, I am certain you will see the VOTC Stormie at a $5.99 price point in regular packaging. The VOTC line was as much about the packaging and raking in cash as it was about the quality of the figure. After all, we currently have VOTC chewie in ROTS packaging currently at $5.99!

Heck, we even got $15 #400 Boba Fett as a pack-in later on for significantly less overall.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

The VOTC stormie is real nice. It was a tad on the expensive side toarmy build. I did get 4 of them, would have loved more. They are selling a 14 point clone trooper for 5-6 dollars (#41 in ROTS) so no reason to think that they cant package this bad boy up. Like JON said, Chewie is now packaged for the same price also. Here is to hoping.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Does the blaster actually go in the holster? Also did anyone here get the Vader, hows his elbow joint?
    Last edited by Blackened88; 04-20-2005 at 09:15 AM.

WHich Vader, there were 4 of em if you onclude the VOTC one. The OTC three were re-issues of DSC Vader, Vader Throne Room and I cant remember the other one.

You might want to go back and search the review section for past threads on the figures as well.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Sorry, I was talking about the VOTC.