Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

General Grievous

I need help choosing a Grievous. I like alot of articulation and no action features what is the best Grievous to buy, or should I wait for an upcoming Grievous?

Re: General Grievous

I have 3 of the Grievous figs so far, preview, #9, and deluxe, and each one has elements the others lack. Here are the positive attributes:
    • Preview has rotating forearms, is the only one with an articulated waist, and has good paint.
    • #9 has pretty good paint, 4 unique lightsaber hilts, a fairly neutral pose, hinged knees, and ball-jointed shoulders with each arm able to independently "flap" on the joint.
    • Deluxe has 4 unique saber hilts, a fairly neutral pose, hinged knees, hinged elbows, a cape which doesn't interfere with standing as bad as Preview's does, and the rear arms can "flap" at the universal shoulders.
    Here are the negative attributes (I feel all 3 have a somewhat soft sculpt, so I'll just mention that here):
    • Preview is too preposed, has only 1 lightsaber, his cape gets in the way of standing, and his rubbery upper torso is starting to crack the paint when moving the head.
    • #9 has the softest sculpt of the 3, no cape, no elbow articulation, and isn't the easiest figure to stand.
    • Deluxe has a pretty oddball paint job that's dark and battle damaged with a heavy paint-wash so it's hard to find uniform apps, has a gimmick in the front arms which restricts them to either fully down/forward or totally out to the sides, he has NO PEGHOLES so he cannot use a stand the way the others can, his hinged elbows and knees are slightly-ugly work, and of course he's ten bucks instead of five.
    Being an articulation fan, I'd probably go with the #9 version if I were judging solely on that aspect since he has the most range AND can use a figure stand, but for general overall purposes I'd go with the Deluxe because it delivers a little better in the sculpt, the elbows - while not the best-looking design - are pretty darn nifty to have, and it's just a little more fun all around.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My vote goes to the Sneak Preview figure. I think his sculpt/paint is better than #9, and he doesn't look "crazy" like the #9 does. The four-arm thing doesn't do it for me, and it's hard to make the fig look right and not silly (I have his rear arms kind of tucked behind him). Over-all, the Preview fig thus far is by far my favorite version of the character.

There is another version coming out with a spoilery action feature, but based on the pics it looks pretty cool...

Which Roach Boy to buy huh? I liked the CW one because it was well made, better than Durge or Dorku. The sneak preview one is the one that made me call him Roach Boy in the first place even though he looks like Bugs Bunny wearing the cow skull in the "Wasscally Wabbit" (1938) cartoon where the fat Elmer Fudd is digging for gold.
    Maury: The DNA evidence has come back.... and LUKE.... He is your father!!!!
    Luke: NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!

I only have 3, unleashed, #9, and preview. I havent opened preview yet so that opinion is out and you want articulation so unleashed is out. My vote is go with #9.
    "I have you now."

Tough decision, still unsure, meditate on this I will.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I have 3 of the Grievous figs so far, preview, #9, and deluxe, and each one has elements the others lack. Here are the positive attributes:
    • Preview has rotating forearms, is the only one with an articulated waist, and has good paint.
    • #9 has pretty good paint, 4 unique lightsaber hilts, a fairly neutral pose, hinged knees, and ball-jointed shoulders with each arm able to independently "flap" on the joint.
    • Deluxe has 4 unique saber hilts, a fairly neutral pose, hinged knees, hinged elbows, a cape which doesn't interfere with standing as bad as Preview's does, and the rear arms can "flap" at the universal shoulders.
    Here are the negative attributes (I feel all 3 have a somewhat soft sculpt, so I'll just mention that here):
    • Preview is too preposed, has only 1 lightsaber, his cape gets in the way of standing, and his rubbery upper torso is starting to crack the paint when moving the head.
    • #9 has the softest sculpt of the 3, no cape, no elbow articulation, and isn't the easiest figure to stand.
    • Deluxe has a pretty oddball paint job that's dark and battle damaged with a heavy paint-wash so it's hard to find uniform apps, has a gimmick in the front arms which restricts them to either fully down/forward or totally out to the sides, he has NO PEGHOLES so he cannot use a stand the way the others can, his hinged elbows and knees are slightly-ugly work, and of course he's ten bucks instead of five.
    Being an articulation fan, I'd probably go with the #9 version if I were judging solely on that aspect since he has the most range AND can use a figure stand, but for general overall purposes I'd go with the Deluxe because it delivers a little better in the sculpt, the elbows - while not the best-looking design - are pretty darn nifty to have, and it's just a little more fun all around.

JT, Preiview Grievous can use a stand. SIthLord posted here about it....

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...6&postcount=28
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Hmmm i returned the #9 figure & picked up the deluxe version just for the articulation. Crap don't know which one now.

I like the Sneak Preview the best so far...

My son has all the ones that came out so far, but hasn't opened the Exploding Body one yet, so I don't know about that one. But the Sneak Preview has pretty good articulation and the best paint job, in my opinion. My vote for the lamest one goes to the Wheel Bike Grievous...too pale and not as much detail.

I have 2 of the basic 3-3/4" Grevious Figures, Sneak Preview and #9.
    Just like Jedi Tricks mentioned, they each have their own strong and weak points. For me personally, I like both the preview and #9. The preview figure is more of a neutral pose, no real action features but good to display (if you can get it to stand) or to use in a battle scene, etc.
    The #9 is good for its action feature (I like how the 4 arms move) and the multiple lightsabers. You can pose this figure a little more than the sneak preview one, but overall I think its best feature is 4 arm pose and the play value it has.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed